Labels

Wednesday, October 10, 2018

NEUROINFLAMMATION & NEUROPLASTICITY





I’ve said this already here several times: I’m not a M.D. BUT I can still use my head to reason and filter information through my logic.
One of the things I learned when I was “fully immersed” in my discovery  of the Perispinal Enbrel therapy is that unlike what every neuro-textbook states, the inflammation of the brain after being injured can last for decades  - NOT FEW HOURS – this is actually the very information that did convince me of this still non-FDA approved therapy.
What plenty of these textbooks nevertheless say is that with neuroinflammation reduction, neuroplasticity can start again to do its “job” and it’s this the concept that totally made me fully believe that IF I’d ever have the chance to receive some injections, my life would return to be acceptable (still as the head of my household, still married without conservator and still with all of my money and a job to make more of it).
I find it pretty funny that cannabidiol promotes neuroplasticity by reducing neuroinflammation (look at website n. 3).
In truth this is what frustrates the heck out of me, I mean if what I need is to have the inflammation in my brain to be reduced so that its plasticity can return to operate again, why is it that none of my neurologist has ever (at least) tried to do the same? Brain inflammation is well-known and typical in Alzheimer's and Parkinson's Diseases, both have been very well known and studied/treated since plenty decades, so rather than risk to infringe a patent why hasn’t any of my neuro. tried to go this way with me……at least to experiment?
Shall I believe that all meds that treat these two diseases are worthless and only cost money to the patients who have them prescribed (certainly not few) to?
I’m thinking that I may email the link to this post to my current (really good) neurologist…….after all, this wouldn’t be the first time that I “direct” one of my M.D.’s towards my own specific (and widely researched) direction.



No comments: