Labels

Sunday, July 17, 2016

DAD’S TEACHINGS

My two treasures are entering adulthood without the important (teaching) offered by the presence of their dad (me).
However through the use of email, my blogs and (rarely) the phone, I can still be in contact with them and always try to give some teachings - sometimes in a rebuking manner - about what’s important to know and to do (generally and specifically) in life.
So here is the text of one of my recent email messages to them:
May I know the reason why is it that you act just like your mother, who has been trying not to be in contact with me, (at least by email) for about 8 years? You know very well how much I love you and how much I miss living with you, mainly in order to be able to help you with your studies and teach you ways to approach life.
Do you think (just like your mother does) that my being prisoner of a conservator and of a wheelchair has made me forget all I learned in a life of work at top levels among two continents using about 5 different foreign languages to communicate important matters of business and money? Are you sure that my re-conversion to religion is simply the effect of my injured brain?

I cannot begin to tell you how much the life of us all could immediately change if you too were on my side in my struggle to return to be your dad always at your side as you enter adulthood? What about going to Italy on vacation next August or you having both the car you like and a new dirt bike (it used to be my feverish passion when I was about your age)?
Let me tell you that what I’m saying isn’t my attempt to bribe you into doing something in my interest only, as your dad I'd simply like to live again through you - my only son - some of the big passions I had when I was becoming the very successful man I used to be and don't forget that I was told to be very lucky (someone said that I’m “blessed”J) for having had the experience that very few other men had, so why be ashamed of having a father forced to be sitting on a wheelchair 24/7? Many tell me that it would be a dream to have a dad like me, the pride they would always have and that they could never stop talking about it, all I'm asking instead is for you to communicate with me at least by email and come by my prison whenever you can, especially before the beginning of your “college education project” that you already know how much I support, wherever you’ll decide it to be both here in the USA and (I hope) in Italy, to surely become the top level Lingiardi individual that everyone with this last name has been since centuries. You need to open your eyes to realize how unfair it’s been not to have your true dad living with you like it’s normal and expected for the rest of the world and given that you both not only have my same last name, but very importantly and uniquely made with my genes, I have confidence that in time and with the development of knowledge and self-confidence you’ll demand to be living with your only dad again.
As your dad you can be sure that I’ll be loving you infinitely and watching your back for at least 30 more years.


  1. https://knowingthetime.wordpress.com/2010/11/23/the-fathers-love-for-his-children/
  2. http://cbmw.org/topics/family/building-a-marriage-culture-fathers-love-your-children/
  3. http://www.healinglovenotes.com/a-fathers-love.html
  4. http://biblehub.com/1_john/3-1.htm 

No comments: