Labels

Friday, April 04, 2014

MY NOAH MOVIE REVIEW

First thing I want to say is that I’m very glad that my son Brent wasn’t with me – as I’d been asking for days – the way the movie talks about this Bible story is too dramatic in the worst religious way and I just want to repeat what I wrote on 3/27 about consumerism being replaced by a pitiful Hollywood’s attempt to restore religious values in the Catholic faith.
Having seen the trailer (I had posted it here too) I was expecting a movie more about the factual story with very much realism in its scenes, it’s instead the story of a man (Noah) who hears God’s voice telling him what to do in expectation of the end of “corrupted humanity” by flooding the entire world, I don’t even want to mention what this Noah makes himself  and his young family go through because he thinks “he’s chosen” by God to organize the survival of all that’s still good on earth.
Besides that I’d like to know why God flooded the earth thousands of years ago and doesn’t seem to want to do the same now that we count in billions – rather than the few hundreds at Noah’s times – and have been doing way much worse than those few people back then.
At the end of this mixed up movie narration Noah shows that what really counts over everything (including God) is the unique ability of humankind to feel love that’s what can truly put back on earth the human existence with its splendors and shortcomings.
Anyway, if anyone decides to listen to the advice of a brain injured man, I say to save your money to watch this movie and go to eat a pizza or ice cream with your friends. Much better than sitting in a dark room for almost 2 hours watching yet another attempt to remember what we are all about.


AND as always


No comments: