Labels

Saturday, April 12, 2014

GOD CHALLENGES ME

First of all I want to clarify that people who chose to dedicate their lives to religion   (nuns, priests, monks etc....) aren’t any smarter or more intelligent than any of us, normal people, it’s only that since they decided to dedicate their entire lives to the idea that by loving a superior entity they have time and opportunities to think to subjects that normally nobody ever spends more than one minute per month/year to think about.
So while I consider myself pretty intelligent since birth and having improved by doing many hours in an hyperbaric chamber breathing pure medical oxygen to send it into my brain (HBOT), I surely became smarter and brighter than how I used to be (pretty smart already).
Well, one priest I used to know well and whom I used to see every week because he was bringing communion to me, told one day to me that if my “disaster” had happened few hundreds of years ago, I’d be now considered to be a Saint, I actually used to make jokes with one of my caregivers about the Saint name I could have chosen to be given, since a Saint Carlo exists already, but I never came up with a different one for me to use.
Then recently another of these “religious people” told me that it’s clear that God chose to give me a big challenge, because the cross I chose to carry to be with my treasures is surely very heavy and the guess-science has no idea of what to do to make it lighter, or even how to make it disappear (yeah!).
Sometimes I laugh of my thoughts after the end of my coma that used to relate the warnings that Jesus had told me about, that I was convinced that could be taken care with little Tylenol or aspirin.
What’s sure is that nothing (human) exists to make my carrying this cross of pain and abandonment any better (or lighter, at least).
Therefore – as religious people do all the time – I’ve been trying to think of a reason why I’m challenged so painfully and heavily, especially after having lived what I call a “perfect life” for 42 years, because even before turning to be 18 y/o (=adult) I never had any problem worth to be remembered.
I was however just reminded that God never gives challenges impossible to overcome and my example made public through my blog here is helping now and will in the future too help several others to overcome their own pains and crosses to carry.
Nevertheless all that counts for me now is to have the use of Enbrel for neurological recovery (after TBI) be soon approved, because I definitely want to be like a Saint for my treasures, like any other father usually is.


No comments: