Labels

Thursday, April 17, 2014

CONCEPT OF PUNISHMENT

Humanity has been using this concept to correct or threaten other people since I’d say, it’s existence. Even the Catholic religion let’s you have communion only after confession, normally followed by some kind of “punishment” that’s normally about asking to God for forgiveness through the recitation of prayers, not to mention that the Vatican burnt alive the so-called heretics for hundreds of years and just think about when you want to teach to you children about anything, doesn’t everyone warns about a possible spanking coming in case the instructions given aren’t followed literally?
Same for the law worldwide, no matter in what country or culture, there are always laws that determine the punishment (money or jail time in good cases) to be used according to the gravity of the fault/mistake.
To the point that here in the USA we follow the “eye for an eye” rule that’s at least as old as humankind is, or if someone kills someone else, the punishment is death by lethal injection or electric chair.
I guess that platoon execution with rifles or hanging is considered too cruel to kill somebody who had murdered someone else.
Anyway, having been raised as a catholic in the country hosting the Vatican, I obviously always thought that whenever something bad happens it’s the obvious punishment for something bad that had been done to someone else.
It was based on this concept that right after I had come out of the coma I convinced myself that the “good fatherly God” doesn’t exist, because:
  • how could something this devastating, unfair and atrocious be allowed to happen to me
  • Why has my dearly beloved wife and mother to my treasures Michele tried to replace me with my own doc B.?
  • Why aren’t my treasures any closer to me now that I’ve moved to live so much closer (=around the corner) to them?
  • Why has my last neuropsy Erik condemned me to full conservatorship just to be safer in his professional work?
  • Why absolutely none of my very good and experienced MDs wanted to let me even try the perispinal Enbrel therapy for TBI recovery that hopefully will become the standard treatment for TBI in a short time?
  • Why is my sister Anna no more interested in helping me, her older brother who always and only took care of her safety and comfort?
I wrote here before that the good man, Paul Harch MD has reached the deserved fame, success and money by keeping on fighting to support his idea that HBOT can truly help in some kind of TBI (concussion), that’s now widely used to treat all of our soldiers who come back from war zones with this type of TBI, I even read that now portable chambers for HBOT are under study and development to treat TBI victims already in the war field. He told me that medical progress is reached “funeral after funeral” and all I can say is that I hope it won’t be with my funeral that the use of TNF-alpha (or Enbrel) will become more accepted in the medical world.
It’s very true however that I might be completely wrong in my belief in this new treatment, I only wish I could have tried it, so I could talk from personal experience, and given that TBI is basically a real epidemic today, I cannot believe that a trivial issue of money can stop its approval worldwide, so I do accept to have been completely incorrect in my belief for this long.
Coming back to the very reason of this post, I’ve been trying for years on a 24/7 basis to think of a reason why I may deserve this punishment (the only way to call my life since my accident) but all I can say is that I’m not going to die before I can figure out any possible reason for this in fact, not only I never killed anybody, but I never even hated anyone so much that I wished anything very bad to happen.
I’m tired to put here in the links to “official NIH” websites regarding this treatment, so I just ask to my readers to post comments or make me small donations, given that I’m still fully supporting my family.
I only ask to the ones convinced that this treatment is valid to be just like P. Harch has been for HBOT, money, fame and success will arrive eventually.
  1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punishment
  2. http://www.psychologytoday.com/basics/punishment
  3. http://www.hbot.com/about-practice
  4. http://harchmedia.com/2013/07/29/dr-paul-harch-md-unsung-hbot-hero/
  5. http://www.hbot.com/news/paul-harch-md-lecture-hbot-tbi-biala-2013




No comments: