Labels

Friday, April 18, 2014

HEAVEN IS FOR REAL, MY MOVIE REVIEW



I call one of my best former caregivers “Catholic extremist” and I’m sure that she would enjoy this movie. BUT as I posted here on 3/27 regarding the crisis of consumerism in the USA and the pitiful attempt by Hollywood to replace it with religious values, this isn’t a movie that anyone should spend a dime to watch, obviously for Catholic extremists it’s probably a very good and well done movie, but all I can say is that – as usual – my dear son Brent didn’t accept my invitation to spend few hours with me and I’m glad he didn’t because it’s really a “fanatic” way to portray the Catholic faith in God that’s both confusing and unrealistic. I’m sorry Hollywood but right after watching this movie I went to a CVS to buy something to keep my desk clean and right after to a Mac Donald’s to buy my dinner, so I’d say that if the goal of the movie was for people who saw it, is to bypass the “consumer traps” my spending my too little money in these kinds of “consumers’ towers” makes it clear the effect this movie had on me.
Saying that the Catholic faith can’t be given to people through movies, but through real living examples probably makes me wrong, but since this is the way I made it part of me, I can’t think of any other way to do it (surely not by going to the theater to watch a  movie).
On this subject, I must say that I’m surprised by the absence, silence and irrelevance of people of faith in this country (priests, bishops and cardinals) I think that they are given the “golden opportunity” to create strong followership by the crisis of the “alternative faith” or consumerism and for them to have President Obama lead the charge to the return to the real human values that built this country is very disappointing to say the least.

Whatever (as the “Catholic extremist” would say to conclude).


No comments: