Labels

Wednesday, November 14, 2018

CONDEMNED TO REMEMBER




Boy, what a morning this one! I’ve been crying for more than 2 hours and I can't stop, it’s very strange for me because I never imagined that I could become this emotional about the holocaust, in fact my cousin (in Venice) and I used to make jokes about the recipe to use to cook the Jewish people for dinner and he’s been pretending to be a neo-Nazi, actually the reincarnation of Martin Bormann, who was a prominent official in Nazi Germany as head of the Nazi Party Chancellery who gained immense power by using his position as Adolf Hitler's private secretary to control the flow of information - mainly to have a HUGE laugh (my oh my….)


anyway, aside the video trailer above, I put at the bottom a couple of videos about the Bosnian war that were uploaded into Youtube not too long ago. But here's one that hits the core of this human "addiction" to fight.



The statement I love the most in this documentary/movie is:
I’m NOT a victim…..victims are losers, I’m a survivor”, this is what I’ve been living as and it’s the way I want to be remembered by.

The other reason for me to cry this much and so hard is because this movie has me realize that I too am condemned to remember, not only my happy life before my incident but one of the very big losses I’ve had too, one is the ability to ever play piano again, thanks to hemiparesis…..😐
This actually is very closely related to my deep love for Glenn Gould and his piano playing (look at my old post about it)


 VERY LUCKILY I’ve been able to create an entire folder in my Chrome browser filled with Glenn playing Bach with his piano and here’s another “important statement” 



saying that Glenn wasn’t just playing Bach’s compositions, he was RE-composing Bach when playing what J. S. Bach had created…….talk about 2 statements that hit very hard those (like me) who give a damn about us humans, what we’ve created and the very sophisticated approach to our existence. 
Well, now I leave you to enjoy my links and videos, with the only request to make extra-sure to watch “condemned to remember” (if you can find it)to its very end, very much for the reason that in this movie you can see the very last survivors to the holocaust (70 years ago…..imagine) talking with Croatian "survivors" 




Sadly we see history repeating itself, it shows in fact that in what used to be Yugoslavia we had – around 1990 (very recent, just like yesterday) another holocaust type situation, where you see a 90 y/o holocaust survivor talking with a Croatian citizen (in his 40ies) who recounts the story when he was hidden in a forest, watching at the enemies massacring the people who lived in his town and the holocaust man nodding to show that’s exactly what the Nazis did to the “inferior Jewish people” 70 years ago. I think it to be very refreshing that I’ve been working both on this blog and on my new emailing program (OEC) with great professionals who live in Croatia, all very prepared and well-travelled, that's exactly what I want/need to feel comfortable when working with others (all the links to them/their businesses are here on the right).
Here below I put few Youtubes about the very recent war in former Yugoslavia that's very frightening for the similarity to what had happened  in Europe during WWII





And finally a warning about learning from our past:


No comments: