Labels

Monday, June 25, 2018

TIME.....



I said before that my dad used to call me Carlo-ieri (Italian for yesterday) because I was totally unable to wait for more than one instant to have what I had decided to want.
Well, what can I say…I’m the one who from president of companies always rushing not only to do whatever my position required for me to do, but on top I used to be addicted to exercise at least for a couple of hours every day (road and off-road bicycling running and swimming were my standard activities), now my issue is the complete opposite, in fact all I can do all day long is to research new methods to repair the brain when it’s injured, exchange email messages with family, friends and former colleagues around the world, plus (yeeeaaahhh) watch movies pretty much all day long – aside from going through the memories of the wonderful life I lived.
This clip actually comes from the I.Q. movie that I like because it shows Einstein (and colleagues/friends) joking about the idea of time, that in his relativity theory is the fourth dimension or it’s strictly tied to space.
It’s obvious that the idea that time really doesn’t exist, or that yesterday, today and tomorrow all exist in the same space, has my mind take off towards the dream (well supported by the quantum theories) that what (where and when) I’m living now is just a projection of my mind, in reality I never came to Santa Barbara to be killed, I’m still skiing in NH.
Anyway, this movie made me very curious about this idea of time and I did a very little internet research that I simply propose with my links, what truly fascinates me is the way time is defined in another of the movies that every home should have to watch as many times as time allows (i.e. I watched it 23 times already……and I’m not done yet) I love it when Lucy (Scarlett Johansson) explains that “time is the only true unit of measure, it gives proof to the existence of matter, without time…..we don’t exist” this statement resolves – in my opinion – the famous grandfather’s paradox or the fact that when a person travels to the past and kills their own grandfather before the conception of their father or mother,  the time traveler cannot be born. I put at the very bottom of this post a video that shows the way quantum physics believes to have resolved this paradox………or with the SUPERPOSITION!!!

  1. https://nrich.maths.org/6070
  2. http://www.exactlywhatistime.com/measurement-of-time/
  3. https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/how-do-we-measure-time-5-innovative-ways/
  4. https://www.smartickmethod.com/blog/math/measurement-and-data/measurements/measure-time/









No comments: