Labels

Saturday, May 26, 2018

TIME




While I keep on exploring, studying and learning the very current research in quantum physics, I watched the movie I. Q. that I recommend because it makes fun of Einstein, his research and of his scientists colleagues within a light romantic comedy, there’s a very funny clip in this movie where A. Einstein and his “friends” joke about the fact that time is an illusion and past, present and future don’t exist and are all at the same time , given that I considered this description of time, I made my small internet search and I post here not only the Youtube videos (really couldn’t find the movie clip I just described) with as usual (=always) links to other very consistent websites that I strongly suggest to you all to at least give them a look (they all support what I say).
Time in physics is defined by its measurement: time is what a clock reads. In classical, non-relativistic physics it's a scalar quantity and, just like length, mass, and charge, it's usually described as a fundamental quantity.
It does not exist in nature. Since early beginnings man has tried to put a meaning to events to somehow define the past, present, and future. Time has evolved from a sun dial to indicate parts of a day, to the moon, to indicate certain seasons, such as when to harvest, to the sun, to indicate periods like years.
What fascinates me more than I can express in words here, is the concept – best expressed by A. Einstein – that time really doesn’t exist, all is (or it happens) in the same moment.
Of course my mind jumped to the fact that in afterlife, time doesn’t exist, all is replaced by the (famous) NOW.
Boy…ho boy!! Talk about opening the time travelling dam (with its grandfather paradox that’s a paradox of time travel in which inconsistencies emerge through changing the past. The name comes from the paradox's common description: a person travels to the past and kills their own grandfather before the conception of their father or mother, which prevents the time traveler's existence).
What’s even more troubling to me (victim of neuropsychological assessments) is that time perception is a field of study within psychology, cognitive linguistics and neuroscience that refers to the subjective experience, or sense, of time, which is measured by someone's own perception of the duration of the indefinite and unfolding of events – talk about having my terrific memory to have been “interrogated” by those clowns for several hours (too many).
I cannot ask the question of the when I'll want to go IF this could ever become a real possibility while I’m living here. Anyone wants to guess my when?




No comments: