Labels

Wednesday, October 04, 2017

OUR CONSCIOUSNESS IS OUR SOUL

As I read (maybe too much) about quantum physics theories and their belief in the power of our consciousness – given my Catholic upbringing and education I started to wonder if maybe consciousness is what us Catholics have been calling the soul since 2 thousands years.
Therefore – as typical for someone like me who never has anything to do – I ran a small google search to see if anywhere else in the internet universe, may exists a place where these two concepts/ideas are used interchangeably and if there’s any place that explains the reason why they refer to the same idea.
So please – rather than jump through my links to consistent websites always posted here at the bottom – give  a look at what I link, because – aside it being very consistent and to the point – they somehow argue the point of this post.
I must say/admit that it’s been some kind of a surprise for me to see how much of a debate this has been for many years and how many important thinkers of the past did argue this point, as I was researching this very topic I realized that the term mind is both misused or used with a different meaning.
But for this maybe I’ll make a new post (never having anything better to do).
Anyway, enjoy this Youtube with someone important giving a somehow complex explanation of very current concepts AND go look at the linked websites simply because they can help to have a clearer idea of the meaning of the two terms on subject.



  1. http://www.patheos.com/blogs/secularoutpost/2016/11/28/consciousness-and-souls/https://www.quora.com/Is-consciousness-the-same-as-a-soul
  2. https://markovthoughtchain.wordpress.com/2009/01/17/soul-vs-spirit-and-the-duality-of-consciousness/

No comments: