Labels

Friday, July 28, 2017

MY NOOTROPICS FAILURE

On 6/12 I published here a post about my “discovery” of nootropics that are simple OTC (over the counter) supplements that look very much like meds (pills, caps, etc.…) that in my complete medical ignorance I had hoped that could start the neuroplasticity of the injured brain, I even exchanged dozens of emails both with “experts” in this field and developers in this seemingly profitable supplements field.
What I had wanted to believe is that the heavy sleepiness that I developed shortly after ingesting one of these supplements was simply because I wasn’t used to them, so I decided to give it few days to get used to this new (for me) supplement, however since I spend all day long in the internet, I looked around to learn more about these substances and I learned that I’m not the only one with the same “side effect”, in fact my “sleepiness” even has its name, it’s called “brain fog” that – of course – can be treated with yet more OTC pills that for the major part contain caffeine (Daaahhhhh!!).
As the idiot (or brain injured) I am I decided to toss away few more $$ in the acquisition of such “magic solutions” to my sleepiness issue and I decided to give it a good try, hoping that my normally very reactive and superiorly self-healing organism could do the magic and repair my motor cortex (= the ONLY injured part of my brain).
I’m now sadly at the point that I’ve decided to keep ingesting these pills of plastic just to feel that I’m not throwing them all away, I decided in fact that as I empty the packaging of each pill I’m not going to replace it with a new one….. in other words, I’m going for the process of self-elimination.
What makes me wonder big time is that my forever damned physiatrist B. used to have me take 3 pills of Piracetam (the very first and probably most serious nootropic in the market since decades) each day; I’d say that this is one important reason that had me go after this “nootropics path”.

As I just said – I’m sure I’ll make plenty of my visitors here rather disappointed – I’m completely done with this yet other experiment, no neuroplasticity has restarted, nor I ever felt the very objective that these supplements proudly claim to give (focus, memory, attention and logic).
Given that most of these supplements target as their market the people affected by Alzheimer’s or other similar brain conditions I can say that they really aren’t in the market to help injured brains, I’d say because they surely don’t affect the brain plasticity, I’d surely know by now.
Since these supplements are all OTC you can buy them online wherever (for me, my beloved eBay) they aren’t expensive at all and given that they are made with lots of vitamins of the B group. Plus iron, manganese, etc.… etc.. if I haven’t helped my neuroplasticity, I’ve surely given a vast amount of vitamins and minerals to my system. In other words, if I haven’t helped my brain get better, I certainly helped my body for anything else it might need to live well balanced and healthy.


  1. http://peaknootropics.com/nootropics-brain-injury-damage/
  2. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5021479/
  3. http://nootropicgeek.com/nootropics-for-post-concussion-traumatic-brain-injury-recovery/
  4. http://www.longecity.org/forum/topic/66077-recovery-from-traumatic-brain-injury-need-help-with-nootropics-or-medications/ 
  5. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5056292/
  6. http://www.longecity.org/forum/topic/48867-longterm-use-of-piracetam/
  7. http://www.ixneuro.com/concussions.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI6JPexMGt1QIVBJR-Ch2ARAjoEAAYASAAEgJAXvD_BwE

No comments: