Labels

Sunday, November 20, 2016

MY TRUE BRAIN INJURY


Very few years ago I went to the UCLA with all my brain MRI’s to meet with a famous neurologist, who not only put in his PC my MRI’s done at the Cottage hospital and at the general hospital in Ventura, but had me taken an MRI from his team, because he told me to be more familiar looking at the way they are done there.
Much to my surprise I was told that the part mostly damaged in my brain is the motor cortex (from it my hemi-paresis) and – much less seriously – the occipital lobe (sight field cut) I was actually told that it isn’t surprising that as I came out of the coma I could fluently speak Italian and English, plus I still had both clarity of thinking, focus and practical intelligence, together with good memory of my expertise in all the fields I used to be involved with.
He actually advised me to go as a resident to one of the Casa Colina rehab centers. 
I immediately discarded because far from my family and because I had resided already for few months in the Santa Barbara TBI rehab center named Solutions, where I had worked and met with very experienced and good rehab trainers, sadly with very little progress in my hemi-paresis and walking.
In simple words, my post here is about the several neuropsychological assessment I had to do in my sad past, while the initial ones (few weeks after the end of the coma) were probably accurate (at that time I was convinced to have a lobster alive in my left leg) but all he ones that I had to take years later have been a joke – you, reader can try to take one and tell me if you can come out “normal” – the true tragic outcome of what this kind of test/assessment results in the legal obligation to have someone with the license of conservator (Hahahaha) to take over the management of all of my money – current and future – and take any medical decision about the conservatee (me).
It goes without me saying it that my experience with this kind of “professionals” is less than bad & sad.
I.E. the first one I was assigned by a dumb judge of the Ventura court was a woman who stole from me and my children $80.000 for making sure that I couldn’t try a non-FDA approved (NOT YET!!) that might have me waste several thousands of $$$ - no comment on the difference betw. the amount I had been stolen by that woman vs. how much I’d have spent myself doing a therapy that might not have provided to me what I was looking for…….
Since that monster thief lives in Ventura and I’m now based in Santa Barbara – too far for her to commute – I’m now under the legal powers of a man who proved to love the pussy more than God, in fact he married a woman who gave him children; I doubt they have any resemblance with him.
Well, this guy found himself with a family (wife and children) to support and thought that his only chance to “earn” any money is to steal it from disabled people.
What shocks me more than anything else is that this man was close to God, therefore well aware of the real existence of the afterlife, so I cannot figure out how he can think not to go to his own hell forever, this – of course – applies to any and all the conservators, they are those taking advantage of a very wrong legislation that hopefully is going to be eradicated soon (D. Trump?) – no wonder I’m a supporting member of the NASGA association.
Anyway, this guy seems to be less expensive than the monster thief in Ventura (who’ll never get married, never have children and will prematurely die in pain) and much more sensitive to the needs of my two treasures – like if I, as their real father – couldn’t take care of my treasures, therefore I needed a professional uneducated thief to take my role.
Something else that makes my blood boil in the veins is that 

  1. my own sister, was my guardian but put me in the hands of the law, for selfish and complex reasons and
  2.  my still beloved wife has been refusing to take the role that’s very natural for the spouse of a victim of such senseless neuropsychological assessment.
I don’t need to begin to say what I’d have done if the positions were reversed between Michele and I, anyone who knows me can testify that there wouldn’t be a part of this earth where I wouldn’t have already gone to,  or dug into, neither any conservator could have ever put the hands on my Queen.

I feel now the need to say that no money has any value whatsoever after we die, only if you have your children it can be left to them and this is truly why my blood keeps boiling, the only way to repair this wrong would be to cut a $40,000 check for what was stolen from me, to give to each of my two children......or you'll be in hell forever!
Too much I was stolen for me to give the comfort I was planning to give  to my treasures, like my dad did for me and for my Queen.

  1. http://brainconnection.brainhq.com/2013/03/05/the-anatomy-of-movement/
  2. https://www.christopherreeve.org/living-with-paralysis/health/how-the-spinal-cord-works
  3. http://www.jneurosci.org/content/25/44/10167
  4. https://www.theguardian.com/science/2014/nov/20/brain-damage-nerve-cells-neurons
  5. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cortical_remapping
  6. http://jcb.sagepub.com/content/27/8/1417.full

No comments: