Labels

Monday, August 01, 2016

TRANSPERSONAL PSYCHOLOGY


Given that I spend about 14/day browsing the internet using my wonderful PC at a warp-speed connection, I’ve come across this type of psychology few times and after some digging I found few websites that explain what this psychological area is, therefore I put here its definition:
Transpersonal psychology focuses on the spiritual side of human nature; parapsychology is concerned with the paranormal, such as psychic phenomena, including precognition, clairvoyance, near death experiences and psychokinesis.
This is the one I like best: T. P. is a type of psychology or psychotherapy that focuses on altered states of consciousness and transcendent experiences as a means to understanding the human mind and treating mental disorders. Transpersonal psychology emphasizes meditation, prayer, and self-transcendence
Now, since every neuro (-psy or -logist) I've ever seen or talked with is totally convinced that:
a)    once the brain is injured, nothing new can ever be learned and once neurons are dead,  so they remain forever
b)   there’s no way that the brain can “repair” itself in order to be again who you were before the injury
Somehow I got curious about this branch of psychology that I’d never imagine it could be of any interest to me.
In fact, when I was in NH, my wife Michele couldn’t stand my way of dealing with issues of any kind (maybe I’m too self-confident.....) therefore we went to some "marriage counselor" who did nothing else than taking my money and my (precious)time from me, she did however increase my skepticism for psychology.
It’s no wonder that I’m now imprisoned under a conservator because in several neuropsy. tests I couldn’t say what a pile of stones or a ball of cats remind of, or look like (couldn't say  that those stones and cats looked like shit to me ...).


  1. http://futurism.com/the-physics-of-death/
  2. http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/what-happens-to-consciousness-when-we-die/
  3. http://psychcentral.com/blog/archives/2011/11/03/6-facts-about-transpersonal-psychology/
  4. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transpersonal_psychology

No comments: