Labels

Saturday, July 30, 2016

THE PEN IS MIGHTIER THAN THE SWORD


Or in my mother language (Italian) “ferisce piĆ¹ la lingua della spada” and boy oh boy.... my tongue/pen is way worse than even a sword, I’m thinking that it’s probably much closer to a bazooka or to a machine gun, too many dear (to me) people have stopped to have any communication with me - both by email and by phone - for me not to have understood that my words can inflict painful wounds to the receiver that I can no longer have any communication with that person.
This also had me think that “truth hurts” therefore not only my words are just like bullets but the carry a meaning of truth that while killing the receiver they hurt very much too, therefore the subject of my anger won’t talk anymore with me because already dead in pain.
Now, since I know (unfortunately) very well what’s death and what happens with it, I know very well that there’s no point, nor reason for me to get angry at anyone, since once their time will come, it’ll be themselves who will decide their own punishment, its method and duration and here (once again) I have to say that Iacopo is as correct as Jesus was (so much for being an atheist) in saying that the day that the entire world will understand that the wrongs made by someone when living, do carry over in the next life as a negative influence in all that’s going to be lived in the next life, every war, murder, felony against someone else will stop and we’ll all be living in what in Italy we call “paradiso terrestre” or earthly paradise (= heaven) in English.
My (injured) mind immediately jumps to a scene in a movie I recently watched where Jesus is looking at two guys who are suffering tremendously in hell and beg Jesus to allow them to warn their family and friends of what may expect them after they die, if they behave like they did, I like what Jesus says in reply, or that it’s all available to everyone already, in fact it’s more than enough to read the bible, to attend mass weekly and never hurt somebody else not to end up where they are……what a way to forever shut them up, I only wish that the movie could show the faces of those damned people when hearing what Jesus said.
I truly wish that my first reaction to someone being unfair - or hurting me – wasn’t to use my “deadly pen”, but rather realize that it’s going to be themselves who will be taking care of their own wrongs once they’ll die, in fact our life lasts like the blink of an eye on earth – when compared to the eternity of afterlife – and our body is just the shell that our soul occupies while we are living.
I love the part in a movie on afterlife when a small group of young black guys ask aloud “why must we live here on earth if afterlife is so great?”
If you still have no answer to this question I suggest reading my blog a bit more and/or asking me directly, because I have no plan to repeat myself any time soon in a new post in answer to this question, but hey! You can always send me a message using the tool here on the right; if I’ll receive more than a dozen I’ll change my posting schedule to fit this in.

  1.  https://www.quora.com/Is-the-pen-mightier-than-the-sword
  2. http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-30729480
  3. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_pen_is_mightier_than_the_sword



No comments: