Labels

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

GOOD ONE TODAY

My mother calls me every morning from Italy and since she’s 82 y/o and full of rheumatic pain- therefore watching TV all day long – all I hear from her is her complaining about her pain “that makes it difficult for her to walk” (no comments from her son – me – who has been sitting on a wheelchair for only 10 years…..).
Anyway after she’s told me about everything that happens not only in Verona, but here in Santa Barbara around the corner from where I’m living, she tells me in a somewhat of a complaining tone that Verona and plenty other towns not far from it is filling up with people coming from China and to this she immediately adds a couple of jokes that seem tom be popular in Italy in these days.
The other day the son of my former employer of the ski company in NH sent me a message through Facebook telling me that he’s now in China where his family decided to start sourcing ski-boots production, I told him that he’s teaching technology that it took centuries for the Italians tom develop and that – like all the other companies that do the same – his company is going to soon regret having made such decision, only to save little money.
Let’s forget about the fact that it’s been his father who with the huge powers of his mind got me into my debilitating accident, which explains well the reason why I met with Jesus, but this is something I wrote here about in the past, therefore let’s focus on these jokes.
Now, let me premise that I’m not a racist at all and I have few friends who are married tom women from China, a special one who, because of his job traveled to China for years and made several girlfriends (as he refers to them) in that country, therefore what I’m going to say here are just jokes now very popular in Italy:
·         In the space used to sleep by an Italian you can fit 8 Chinese people
·         Every time one of them - with the Italian ID (residency) - dies all the others eat the dead one to “recycle” the ID

That’s when she starts telling me of the people who are terrorists and even the Pope has to prepare special protections to ensure that when on Sundays he talks to the people in Vatican square, people there to receive the “Urbis et orbi” blessing won’t be exploding because of bombs exploded by these terrorists.

  1. http://www.scmp.com/lifestyle/article/1774417/how-modern-day-chinese-migrants-are-making-new-life-italy
  2. http://www.migrationpolicy.org/article/china-emerging-destination-economic-migration
  3. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_people_in_Italy

No comments: