Labels

Wednesday, January 07, 2015

OUR LINGIARDI FAMILY

I wrote few times about my dad in this blog in the past and I even put links to the organs that my (+my treasures) used to build for many decades in Pavia (North-east of Italy), I also made mention to my great grandfather who developed a cancer in his mouth because he used to tune the organ canes, made of lead with his mouth, but since he was convinced that by doing so he was giving to the whole instrument the "human voice/tone" he never stopped to do this until he died.
What I want to do with this post here is to teach to both my treasures what kind of genetic heritage I transmitted to them, all their ancestors did have a life of eminence in all they ever did and when they did die, they all finished to live in very important and influential positions that still today are both admired and respected (instead of another father who smoked himself to death ).
Even if most of the website about the Lingiardi and the organs they built and put in many Catholic churches in the North-east of Italy are in Italian, I was able to find few in your mother tongue, English, I also found - to my own surprise - Youtubes where organists play on true Lingiardi Organs.
Putting aside that I hope that this post will make you proud, I'm hoping to strengthen our relationship and clarify my reason to refer to you both as "my treasures", what you have in your genes and blood is unique and I need you to believe me when I tell you that next summer we'll go in Italy all together during your school summer break, so that while Brent's spoken Italian will become very fluent and my angel too will overcome her shyness for being so very much smarter and talented than her friends.




  1. http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=it&u=http://concertodautunno.blogspot.com/2012/09/20121004-vigevano-festeggia-san.html&prev=search
  2. http://arborea-ars.blogspot.com/2013/06/wonderful-concert-of-organist-carlo.html
  3. http://www.mvcremona.it/homemvENG.html

No comments: