Labels

Sunday, December 07, 2014

YET ANOTHER MOVIE REVIEW

and yet more about the reality of God


Like I did on 4/4 - 4/30 - 9/7 and 10/4 I post here my review of this movie that I asked very many times to my son Brent to be with me to watch it - the theory of everything - (worth every penny you spend for it) but I believe that his mother Michele may have brainwashed him that I'm a dangerous person to be near to, so I went on my own. I found it fascinating to say the least, the story of a man (Stephen Hawking) who was diagnosed with motor-neuron disease that gave a life expectancy to him when he was 22 y/o of 2 more years to live, prisoner of his own body, pretty much like me.
I list here the parts of this movie that gave great satisfaction to me:
  • when Hawking is told of the disease in his brain motor cortex, he immediately asks: "is my brain (=logic and intelligence) going to be affected? and the answer is a resounding NO (this to you man!)
  • at a certain point in the middle of the movie, Hawking says that "philosophy  is dead" meaning that it's with science that answers can now be given to fundamental questions of the human kind (this to you Iacopo!)
  • towards the end Hawking is with one of his wives and says that their creation of their children made his life very worth to be lived (this to me!)
It's very true that it cannot be too hard to love someone - even if on a wheelchair - full of money and very requested for public appearances or speakings (to Michele?)
Now if you go in the internet you can find hundreds of sites that talk about him being an atheist, or that he stated that there is no need of God to create an universe, but once again (like in the case of Einstein) Hawking gives a logical explanation (with Mlodinow) of the existence of God.

(I do however believe that what my friend Iacopo describes as " universal intelligence" that is cumulative knowledge and exists in another dimension maybe in afterlife?)

Now, I hope that everyone knows that we are talking about probably the most intelligent and logical people of the world in the last century, who could understand and use for demonstrating their own theories the most advanced  physics, mathematics in quantum calculations.
Watching this movie (sadly on my own) reminded what my father always stated, or that when the majority of people across many centuries and countries believes something to be true or real: "the majority wins" that to me is a concentration of democracy, but without writing too much here, let me give to you few links consistent to what I'm saying:


  1. http://www.hawking.org.uk/index.html
  2. http://infidels.org/library/modern/antony_flew/hawking.html


No comments: