Labels

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

ME AS LANCE ARMSTRONG

On 10/28/1012 I posted that I feel like how the grandiose composer Beethoven must have felt when he lost his hearing, I thought that I can really imagine very well how for a musician who loves music so much that he can compose it himself to enjoy hearing it, must be truly heartbreaking to lose the ability to hear a single note of it.
Today I want to change the statement I made almost 2 years ago with my understanding - based on watching a movie about the cyclist Lance Armstrong that I feel to be very much more like Lance with his fighting spirit and desire to always win over everything and everyone, no matter the cost. The fact that Lance is not only a survivor of the biggest doping scandal that cyclism ever had in its history, but that he won over a cancer that had started in his testicles and spread in his entire body to reach his brain, so that Lance had a chunk of it surgically removed makes me feel even closer to this man with his history than to Beethoven.
In fact, I too was born with the very potent drive to always win, no matter what, to the point that my international friends when in Berkeley had me have the Japanese character "to win" tattooed on my arm (deltoid area).
I am amazed to realize that this is probably one of the reasons that explains why my spouse Michele cannot live with me any longer, in fact I completely refuse to accept even the idea that my brain cannot "be fixed" because too broken. Given that my belief in God has become even stronger than it ever was, plus my interest in philosophy and my plenty "email talks" with both theologians and philosophers, I have become convinced that I will win over my TBI and return to work (earning money) again, eventually.
Certainly it is very true that nothing for me ever happens fast enough, but my use of the word "eventually" is a sure sign that my brain and attitude have fully learned this lesson, that like everything else will never be forgotten.

  1.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lance_Armstrong_doping_case
  2. http://www.news.com.au/sport/cycling/lance-armstrong-says-hed-still-lie-if-he-could-and-uses-the-fword-an-awful-lot-to-make-his-point/story-fngr0c3c-1227030713333
  3. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2196836/My-life-Lance-Armstrong-Personal-assistant-tells-steroids-cyclists-bathroom-cabinet-fired-year.html







No comments: