Labels

Sunday, September 07, 2014

As Above, So below MY MOVIE REVIEW

Uniquely for lucky accident today, I found $40 cash I had tucked deep in one of my desk drawer that made me able to go to the theater for a movie, plus to Mac Donald's for a take-out dinner.
The movie I went to watch is entitled "As Above, So below". It's a thriller centered on two archaeologists in search of a lost treasure in the catacombs below Paris, reading the description of this movie I was enthralled by the fact that it was supposed to take place in catacombs under the town of Paris and given my fascination with catacombs in general I was curious to watch something about their existence in Paris, rather than Rome.
I am sorry to say once again that the $6 for the ticket can be much better spent for a beer with friends.
It's a suspenseful movie mixed with esoteric events borderline to magic that make little sense and don't add any consistent information to the story being told. The movie is 90 minutes long, but I was ready to leave the theater after the first 60.
I can only say that it was my stop to pick up my dinner that made my going out this afternoon worth the effort.
In the movie, it was said that in the catacombs, there are the remainings of 6 million people and the actors must crawl over bones for 80 minutes of the movie.
Again I must advise to find a better and more entertaining way to spend a couple of hours out of your home, this movie really isn't worth the price of its ticket, but I'm sure that the cast must have enjoyed their time in Paris, a town of great beauty and history, like the rest of Europe, soon to economically collapse like the USA here.





No comments: