Labels

Monday, September 22, 2014

ABOUT MY TBI


Every TBI is different, even if it affects the same area of the brain, in fact:
  • Why am I hemiparetic on the entire left part of my body, but I have the same skin sensation than I have in the right part?
  • Why when I came out of the 2 months long coma, I could speak both English and Italian as if nothing had ever happened?
  • Why I never had any issue to swallow food and drink water?

A while ago, I went to the UCLA with all of my brain MRI's to be seen by Dr. Vespa. He is a very experienced and much respected neurologist, he truly gave very much hope to me regarding my sure rehabilitation because - after an extensive conversation with me (much like the neuropsychologist at UCLA too, dr. Spar had later with me) and intense study of all of my MRI's - he said the main part of my brain that is injured is the motor cortex and the right occipital lobe (left vision cut), that in his experience do not affect my behavior, memory, logic and intelligence J
Sadly, I must have emailed him too much about the perispinal Enbrel, like all my other MD's… because he has stopped to reply to my emails since months.
I must admit at this point that perispinal Enbrel truly must be a fraud, because even if very much money is involved and the Big Pharma has all to lose if it might ever be FDA approved for TBI recovery, there wouldn't exist a single reason not to move forward what may resolve the TBI epidemic of this second millennium.

However, having always been a very shrewd wealth/money manager I don't understand the reason(s) why nobody at the FDA wants to take any critical position or say anything negative on this "therapy" and why is it that the US patent office granted a patent on a medical procedure (injection location), while Tobinick has a very aggressive legal firm that protects any unauthorized use of his patent and has been making very much money since years?

My list of questions about this might take too long for me to post here, but the reasons why this use of Enbrel is so "secretive" and harshly protected remain, so I've been hoping that with the election of a new president this issue of the "medical approval" and a more spread use of this "therapy" can find the intelligent answer and the entire world will resolve this new epidemic inexpensively.

  1. http://www.brainline.org/content/2009/06/tbi-basics_pageall.html
  2. http://www.brainline.org/content/2011/07/lost-found-what-brain-injury-survivors-want-you-to-know.html
  3. http://www.bcftbi.org/about-tbi/concussion.asp


Listen to this BUT do know that I never had any changes regarding anything that has to do with SEX....

No comments: