Labels

Monday, August 11, 2014

ROLES REVERSAL

I was born with several distinct characteristics, or attitudes: sense of ownership, self-confidence, sense of (giving) protection, very firm psychological balance that always helped me to make sense of every situation, even the craziest J.
It was very natural for me to be the head of household, father, husband and company president to always know exactly what to say and do, no matter the situation.
I believe that in part it is because I was born with these characteristics that I made my wife Michele always feel very protected and secure of her life, much like in the past my sister Anna never had to be at all concerned to be in any kind of public place with any fear or sense of defenselessness.
I think that is very ironic now that I'm disabled, and cannot be in my active role of protection from anything and anyone, that both Michele and Anna find themselves in the very unnatural position (for them) to be the ones who not only are supposed to try to protect me, but that they themselves must figure out all on their own how to recreate their feelings to be overseen by my protective strength.
As a result of both their complete inability to take care of my new and unpredictable needs, I'm incarcerated in a nice prison in Santa Barbara downtown and I've been forcing myself to let go of any expectation about their (unrealistic) capacity to ever do anything good or right for me, their invincible guard who not even death can beat!

I did some research about this reversal of roles in history and I understand that it has never been something done by choice, or if it was, it happened by mistake. However I want to give some feeling of confidence to Anna and to Michele, who - no matter their gigantic and immoral mistakes in my regards - can be sure that I'm not going to sit myself on some throne to judge them for their actions or any of their mistakes, my arms remain open to their hearts and my "protective wings" always ready to put out of business anything or anyone who might dream to take any advantage of "my women".

  1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Role_reversal
  2. http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/role+reversal
  3. http://psychologydictionary.org/role-reversal/


No comments: