Labels

Sunday, July 27, 2014

STAGES OF LIFE

On 5/17/14 I posted here what my dear dad had taught to me about death and how it's the most fair event that happens in life, it being equal for everybody, no matter how rich, famous or intelligent someone can be, the time always comes for life here on earth to end, today I want to add another concept that my dad used to tell me when I was younger and it's simply about the subjects of conversations we have with friends depending on what stage of life we are at, in example when you are a student all you talk about is what you like to study and the different teachers you have, then the time comes when all you talk about is the other sex and what you plan to do going forward, after all you talk about is having children and when they come, what hopes you have for them, if they are healthy, do well at school or in sports and how you plan to support their passions, interests and strengths.
Then it comes the day when all you talk about with your friends is who just died and how. My dad always talked about this in his 60ies while laughing and making up what's being said in these situations, something like: "do you know Frank, the guy always walking around with an umbrella? well he just died for a lightning hitting his umbrella wile in his hands…..yes I knew it, but did you know of his cousin, always in a hurry to go home to watch a soccer game? well he too just died while he was riding his bicycle crazy fast and smashed against a closed gate behind his home "this was very much fun for my dad to say, almost like it's a joke, but then he used to become very much more serious and would tell me that this is really a true stage in everyone's life, as much as talking about who's marrying who, or about jobs or cars or anything else that happens in life.
The time or stage in life always comes for everyone when the main subject of conversation is only about people you know and how they died.

Since my dad always told me of this with much laughter, so I never really thought much about it becoming true until I did die when I was 42 y/o, I'd say that this is the very reason that explains why so many of my posts here are about religion and afterlife, what else has fascinated human kind since it's very beginning and what else does any religion of this world give its answer to? I must admit that I'm blessed because I got to meet our God, Jesus and return to suffer here on earth only for my love to my treasures.

  1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erikson's_stages_of_psychosocial_development
  2. http://www.institute4learning.com/stages_of_life.php
  3. http://psychology.about.com/library/bl_psychosocial_summary.htm
  4. http://lifestagesobgyn.com/



No comments: