Labels

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

GUILT



Today I want to talk about the concept of guilt, or to feel to be guilty for something done or just thought to do.
Aside from what Freud and Nietzsche plus all the psychological text-books already say about guilt, I simply think that we were born with this concept in our genes, just think about what mankind has been doing since the beginning of time, the crucifixion of Jesus (Rex Iudeorum), the penal system and all the laws connected with it: if you don't pay your bills, depending on the amount of money you owe you can end up in jail for a pre-determined (by the law) amount of time related to the size of the debt you have and what about the death penalty we have and still use here in the USA? When you kill somebody, in order to make things right (?) for yourself, for the entire society and even for the relatives of the victim you can die either on an electric chair or are injected with a potent and quick acting poison (to be more "gentle"). We learn the concept of guilt and its repair since we are toddlers: "if you eat too much jam, you'll get a spanking", or when you confess what you believe it to be a sin you committed to a priest, you are given a number of prayers to recite to free your soul from the sins you confessed or you cannot receive communion.
Basically our entire world with all of its laws and social regulations is based on this concept of guilt, that to me simply explains very clearly why when I got out of my coma I struggled for several months trying to think of a reason (sin) why I was given such a harsh punishment, when I couldn't think of a reason to deserve my practical execution to death.
Living completely alone because totally abandoned by those who should care and love me, I'm sure you can imagine how much time I have to think very deeply and dissect any idea I have about a possible reason why this happened to me, but (maybe because the psych. EL was right) I haven't been able to even imagine one.
In fact I initially thought that given the gravity of this punishment, I must had committed a pretty substantial sin, that in my mind could only be to cheat my wife Michele, so I asked by email to dozens of women I ever worked with (or I just knew well) if I had ever been "inappropriate" with them, I did truthfully learn that just my presence used to be for many of them like having a body-guard present, not only because no other man would even dare to "pass the limit" in my presence, but also very much because I always acted in presence of any woman like she was some queen and I always acted with extreme respect and courtesy.
It truly took me few months to eliminate this suspicion from my list of possible sins, so I got to the next, that's about being incorrect as a professional, but here too I took this out of "my list" because I received several dozens of emails from former colleagues and co-workers that could constitute an entire text-book about how any professional should always behave.
I'm now convinced that my accident with TBI and subsequent abandonment from everyone I ever loved and cared for with the additional immense frustration of losing the ability to have a job, manage my money, travel and earn again, combined with the assessment of a Ph. D. in fear who made the Ventura court assign to me a full conservator who could be my daughter for age and experience, have absolutely nothing to do with anything bad I ever did or thought to maybe do to others.
I have concluded that all the bad that's been going on in my life is simply due to "being in the wrong place at the wrong time" and here again I want to refer you to my post of 7/11 about my winning again over this tragedy too, not only because the entire universe is based on the law of gravity (all in balance), but very much also because humanity and human kind always finds the way to make things right again and I'm owed very much as an individual with children/treasures.
I just repeat again that everyone who's been taking advantage of me and my family has the freedom to repair the wrongs I've been subjected to in order to avoid spending eternity as a soul in their own hell.


  1. https://www.myptsd.com/c/thevault/guilt-and-shame.34/
  2. http://www.cognitiveatlas.org/concept/guilt
  3. http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1471-6712.2012.00992.x/abstract
  4. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guilt_(emotion)
  5. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8145194

No comments: