Labels

Tuesday, April 01, 2014

TROY

I received the DVD of the movie TROY that I enjoyed watching with my young Brent Lingiardi and what impressed me most is that more than 3.000 years ago humanity already had a very precise concept of us humans having a soul, that continuous to exist after the body dies and goes “somewhere else” that very many people relate to where the God creator of this universe is and very often is just like what us Catholics, in example, describe as “heaven”. The scene that truly hit my heart is when Achilles tells to the woman he loves (Deidamia) that being his love for her eternal their souls will rejoin again together after their death.
It truly hit me in my deepest feelings of love I still have and cannot forget (no matter what….) for Michele, the mother of our treasures.
I’m deeply convinced (beyond my Catholic faith) that our souls will be together in eternity because of the love we have for each other that being a human-only expression of feelings will be always active and give effects to both our souls forever.
What most shocks my mind when I think that this was a man (Homer) who lived about 3.000 years ago and clearly expressed this ideas (firm beliefs) like it was something very well known by everyone in his times.
Therefore I want to express here that my love for Michele will forever exists and our souls will eventually rejoin together once they will have left behind (here on earth) our bodies and I won’t be ever disabled again.

I say thank you to Homer, who more than anyone else conceptualized in a fascinating way and put in words (still studied 3.000 years after he wrote them) this idea that crosses all religions and faiths that humans are truly eternal with their souls and their ability to feel and express love.

No comments: