Labels

Thursday, November 08, 2012

MORE ANCIENT ROMAN DEPTH

When I was a very little kid and lived near Como, my father worked at a plant producing Massey Ferguson tractors and I remember while visiting him to see painted on the front of a truck “Audaces fortuna iuvant” which means that the courageous are helped by luck and this is something that always came with me together with “repetita iuvant” or that repeating does good, like when you learn anything new to you, it being a game (cards?) or a sport, practice and repetition until the rules or movements become so natural that you mustn’t think of doing them with attention, they come natural to you.

I also used very much another phrase of the ancient Romans because not only it made much sense to me but also because it’s a “necessary evil” that used to go like this “ubi maior minor cessat” or, when more important events happen, less important events are disregarded.
In a way I’ve been applying to my life now these deep concepts as condensed in short phrases 2.000 years ago that’s about me keeping to repeat to my spouse to come back to me because her lover is minor and is going to be soon disregarded while – since I’m courageous to even think to fight my war - luck will help me win and everything will return to be in balance as nature and the law of gravity commend.

No comments: