Labels

Wednesday, November 07, 2012

GUTTA CAVAT LAPIDEM

Gutta cavat lapidem, non vi, sed saepe cadendo: The drop hollows out the stone by frequent dropping, not by force; constant persistence gains the end. This is how Ovid thousands of years ago defined the effectiveness of constancy and insistence when trying to obtain something, that everyone around me says it’s just a waste of my time and stupid place where to address my hopes.

Well, besides the fact that I keep hoping to overcome my TBI-produced disabilities (even if mankind still has no idea on how to repair an injured brain) I keep the same big hope to reunite with my former still beloved wife.

In this case I’ve decided to support my hopes with what Ovid wrote thousands of years ago, so I keep asking by myself and tell others to ask for me to Michele to return to live with me.

I mean, if a simple drop of water can go through s slab of marble, how could Michele keep living without me and with a piece of junk as my replacement?

Eventually she’s going to realize that in the exchange she only lost and will be willing to come back to live with me, the only man who fathered our treasures and always loves her like in the beginning.

I’m actually hopeful because I just did (again) a neuropsychological evaluation that I’m confident is going to prove that I’m still logic and mentally efficient as I used to be, my difference is just physical in the sense that I can’t control half of my body and that I lost my whole family.


This loss is actually what has been giving me a pain labeled by my doctors as “neurological pain” that not even the drug morphine can reduce.

Me reuniting with my family is going to be like taking a pain-killer that neither chemistry nor science can produce and I’m hoping that my “gutta” will do this. Certainly I don’t want to consider that it takes centuries of time for a drop of water to make a hole in a stone, I’ve never been patient for anything in life, if something wouldn’t happen immediately, I’d say that either I wasn’t interested anymore or it wasn’t worth my effort to have it.

In this case however I have all the rest of my life (I’m in its middle – as Alighieri wrote in his comedy) to sit here and wait, because it’s both very interesting and worth any effort for me to wait to have my family again.

No comments: