Labels

Saturday, February 05, 2011

FATHERHOOD

My own father has been taking care of me since I was born, and of what I do and my family as I grew older, he is concerned and takes care of me even since I've had the accident no matter that he is in his 80es and has been living off of his retirement for decades.

He is the model to which I refer to and take example from, I’m thinking of my son Brent and I’m concerned with the difficulties he has because I’m not living with him and is influenced by wrong examples of others.
Brent is still very young and I can predict that 10 years from now I will be at his side when he works and gets married just like my own father has always been.
The love of a father for his son is different from the one of the mother which is primarily emotional. Fatherly love is rational and objective with the goal to give understanding and instructions about life.
My own career and success at work and in my family have made my father proud of how he raised me, the choice that my wife has made to abandon me, go in my doctor’s arms and trash 15 years of my love and respect are hurting my father while he knows that I have nothing to do with being treated like this, I’m a victim just like I was in my accident, I do however have the strength to overcome my losses thanks to my father’s teachings about what to do when something breaks.
This is what I intend to pass on to my son in time, he will see and experience my fatherly love that goes back at least three generations.

No comments: