Labels

Wednesday, December 11, 2019

MY QUANTUM MADNESS



The more time I spend reading about quantum science, its phenomena and its influence on what we’ve been believing it to be reality, the more my (already broken) head spins, pushed by my inability to fully comprehend what it’s saying about the world we live in, the way we see and touch it (i.e. sense it) the more I get confused.
I love to know that Einstein and I have very much in common J for the fact that we are both very objective and observational and this is where both Einstein and I have pretty much a “brain stroke”…..Where quantum physics makes both of us is when this modern approach to science states that “observation affects reality” while Mr. Einstein stated that “God doesn’t play dice with the universe” 


all I can think is that – depending the way I look at my broken hip (that still makes it very hard and painful for me to walk)  in full truth my hip never broke because of my hard fall on the bathroom floor….”I’m totally fine, I say  that I can’t walk just because I feel like saying it”.
But let me now introduce a few concepts closely related to the hugely surprising “double slit experiment” that shocked me at least as a large number of physicists around the world (beginning with Einstein 100 years ago).
Now let me make a step back, I need to explain – as well as I can – the word Quantum that derives from Latin (still one of my big loves/passions), meaning "how great" or "how much". ... The discovery that particles are discrete packets of energy with wave-like properties led to the branch of physics dealing with atomic and subatomic systems which is today called quantum mechanics (together with the now famous string theory).
Let me re-start with the definition of the term Quantum, that it took me some time and research to fully make it a part of my daily study/research.
In fact a Quantum is a discrete quantity of energy proportional in magnitude to the frequency of the radiation it represents. (it took me some time to have it clear in my mind), attached to the quantum definition there’s the truly mindboggling idea of what reality truly is, or one of the really frightening deductions that directly come from my beloved quantum slit experiment that tells to us that an item truly exists only as long as it is observed; otherwise, it’s not only meaningless but simply nonexistent (what?!?). The observer and the observed are one (ah, yeah, I never thought of it……too simple). But wait, let me define too what I referred to in the very beginning…..or that reality is the sum or aggregate of all that is real and existent, as opposed to that which is only imaginary. The term is also used to refer to the status of things indicating their existence. In physical terms, reality is the totality of the universe, both known and unknown. And here comes one of my favorites: the hilarious Schrödinger experiment.
This senseless experiment stated that if you place a cat and something that could kill the cat (i.e. a radioactive atom) in a box and seal it, you wouldn’t know if the cat is dead or alive until you open the box, so that until the box was opened, the cat is (in a crazy sense) both "dead and alive (naaaahhhh)…..
Practically you can say that an item truly exists only as long as it is observed, otherwise, not only it’s meaningless but simply nonexistent. The observer and the observed are one….can you believe it?
Next time I’ll talk about one quantum phenomenon that – no matter how hard and how many times I explained the mother of my treasures, she truly cannot (or refuses) to understand……figure out….listen to her brain injured husband….the quantum entanglement that makes it very clear the difference between making love and screwing/fucking.

  1. http://www.bbc.com/earth/story/20170215-the-strange-link-between-the-human-mind-and-quantum-physics
  2. https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/quantum-physics-may-be-even-spookier-than-you-think/
  3. https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2017/10/quantum-experiment-space-confirms-reality-what-you-make-it-0
  4. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_entanglement
  5. https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Observer_effect
  6. https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/1998/02/980227055013.htm
  7. https://www.pri.org/stories/2017-07-25/love-quantum-physics-and-entanglement
15 min. long, but very good and educational





No comments: