Labels

Tuesday, December 04, 2018

ERRATA CORRIGE




This morning I received (for the 5th time) the notification from my blogger that a new comment had been posted in it, so I went to look at the post where it had been made, to discover – much to my surprise - that the 5 commentS had ALL been made to the same post – ME AT WORK – 


I had posted in the very far October 2015 (see link above) and that ALL were posted by resume writing companies located in India or somewhere else in that area.
I certainly appreciate the interest, however (now that I got rid of them ALL) I smile 😊 because:
1.     I’m NOT looking for a job……I’m retired (forcefully)
2.    I can write my own resume anytime I’d need to AND I’d probably write my resume way better than these qualified companies - that offer to do it for me - could ever do.
As I read my post again, I realize that it’s missing a couple of pretty important information so, I decided to add them here (because important):
·         The link to my new company I was going to manage (TEVA)


·         The very important info that follow:
Since
1.     The current president of Tecnica USA was about to retire.
2.    I was the “natural choice” to take his place – not only because being Italian born (language…), but also because:
3.    I had already spent working there 3 years as VP of après-ski footwear (the true passion of the owner of Tecnica)
4.    I was very familiar with many Tecnica key employees in Italy
5.    I was friend with the Tecnica owner’s (Giancarlo)  kids, one of them currently is the president of the Tecnica GROUP (Alberto)
6.    I was a “better than average” skier (kind of important)
7.    I was very familiar already with the other several distribution companies in the area (their presidents) for many other European ski brands (i.e. Rossignol, Marker, etc...)
8.    I had a very good and friendly relationship with about every single employee in the company (from the sales VP of ski segment to the warehouse mgr.)
VERY SADLY (for me) however the TEVA opportunity was irresistible for these simple reasons (in my own mind):
·         Teva/the Deckers group are based in the same State where my Queen was born (CA)
·         I was landing my new job already in the position of president, without having to wait for the few weeks it may take to retire for the current president
·         Santa Barbara town is non-comparable with Lyme, NH where we’d been living for the past few years
In example every morning in the winter time I had to guess if it was going to be possible to drive my Jeep (4wh. Drive) out of my garage, because it was very likely to have up to 5 feet of fresh snow fallen overnight.
Then the joke (with bets) was about the number (how many) of degrees below zero the temperature had gone (not important to say what the winner would receive as prize, normally ski-related stuff).
LAST BUT NOT LEAST Santa Barbara is a beautiful “little town” where the weather is indescribably good all year round, it’s filled with Hollywood stars and with billionaires, there probably are the best schools and educational system in the USA too AND is very close to the UCLA = the best hospitals in the entire world, with its medical and research centers, not to consider its University, very close – in level and distance – to what can be found on the East coast i.e. the Boston, MA area.
Therefore, based on the list of pluses and minuses I just described, who could ever say that mine was a wrong move? What’s been wrong is the fact of my accident with its (too many to list here) consequences, including the fact that I’m truly forced to keep living….Boy, what a deal I made!!!


  1. https://it.linkedin.com/in/alberto-zanatta-80bb8a70
  2. https://www.tecnicasports.com/usa/

No comments: