Labels

Saturday, April 21, 2018

WE CAN SURVIVE



I’m convinced that no matter that my dear son looks very similar to his family’s mother, his core is all mine, in fact I’ve been taking care of him since his mother decided to fully get rid of him.
I consider my boy (or my creation) a survivor as much as I am, in fact to lose your loving and very active/important dad at 6 y/o is a bigger loss/tragedy that I can imagine.
However as the true man of my (our) family that he’s been since he was born he’s survived some of the hardest and harshest situations all on his own, without any help from his dad (me, the disabled/brain injured dad) and having to overcome and live through his mother’s rejection.
As someone who grew up in a heavenly environment with a family of the same type, I cannot want to hug him and use each and every resource I have (way too little) to give at least little relief to my survivor and champion in life.
I’ll be talking of his sister (my princess) later in another post, because she’s very special and unique too, but my focus is now fully on my unique survivor and I add to this post – as I always do – few links to other websites, consistent to mine and a couple of Youtube videos.
Now that my “hero son” has reached the 19th year of his life, he’s working already in a nice place where he’s already been given a directional occupation and is paid not too bad, in fact he’s been looking for a room to rent so that he can overcome his mother kicking him out without any possibility to be back in his family (mother and sister).
Him not having a place to be while he isn’t at work, has given the possibility to us both to spend true “quality time” together and I want to express my joy to be able to help my son in his time of need, giving the support that any father would give without thinking to it to his son.
The fact that I have the great possibility to honestly and openly talk with him, about pretty much everything we want, is easily offering the chance to discuss the “right approach” to what can happen in life and share my personal point of view in what concerns work attitude, religion and behaviors.
I’m really hoping that this (little) time spent together opening our minds to each other will form his strong memory of his dad who, like he is, became a survivor, due to life and my own God’s will.
I’m comfortable in expressing my total confidence that as time goes by (and he gets older) his life will turn by 180 degrees for the better, simply because he’s learned “on his skin” that we make our own lives the way we want and it all depends on what we do and/or decide to do.
I can’t express in simple words my love for my Lingiardi creature, who by his very young age has shown already to be a real survivor, just like me….his real dad.


  1.  https://www.buzzfeed.com/genamourbarrett/things-no-one-tells-you-about-losing-a-parent-as-a-child?utm_term=.me4dWYKrq#.mfevELo2D
  2. https://www.kidshealth.org.nz/helping-child-cope-death-parent
  3. http://www.hellogrief.org/families-with-a-missing-piece/
  4. https://www.ntsb.gov/tda/family/Pages/default.aspx
  5. https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/raising-grieving-children/201008/what-is-lost-when-parent-dies
  6. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Survivorship_curve





No comments: