Labels

Sunday, April 29, 2018

MY BRAIN INJURY HAS MADE ME SMARTER AND MORE INTELLIGENT/LOGIC



My dear son has been making fun of me – I’m sure because of his mother – by telling me that I’m certainly not smarter than I was before the injury, but I do beg to differ mostly for the reason that when you almost die - as my NDE confirms and proves – the brain isn’t taking care of the “functioning” of the entire body (all the internal organs, sight, breathing, heart beating with blood circulation etc.… etc.…) so the mind with the intelligence and logic are more independent to operate using their capacities.
Many researchers call this fact “universal intelligence” and my friend Iacopo calls it “cumulative intelligence” I posted it here before that I’d rather call it “freed intelligence” in the sense that, the part of the brain dedicated to intelligence isn’t “restricted” by the rest of the activities that the rest of the brain must perform to allow the body to function (live).
Given that having any disagreement with my dear son – who represent the immortality of mine and of our last name – drives me to research how far am I from my beliefs, I google researched this very topic and – much to my pleasure and surprise I found what the websites linked below attest, or that my thinking, logic and intelligence truly increased as a result of my brain injury.
While I already “scientifically and specifically” explained the reason why the parts of the brain involved in these capacities become stronger (especially in my case where the motor cortex area is the only damaged brain area) I found myself smiling when I read of those who became savants after their brain injury or were able to do things very far and different from both what they were doing before or were even interested in.
Could it be that my contempt about neuropsychological assessments and the neuropsychologists (who give them and believe in them) is in some way related to my newly acquired “universal intelligence”? Intelligence that is, was and will always be greatly superior to that of those Ph.D.’s in neuropsy?

  1. https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2012/05/eureka-when-a-blow-to-the-head-creates-a-sudden-genius/257282/
  2. https://www.popsci.com/science/article/2013-02/when-brain-damage-unlocks-genius-within
  3. https://www.quora.com/Why-do-some-people-become-very-smart-after-a-head-trauma




No comments: