Labels

Friday, August 04, 2017

HISTORY OF MINE



When I was running the GEOX brand here in the USA the most important show that every brand best shall attend to is the WSA where pretty much every single shoe retailer in this big country goes to see what’s new in the vendor’s collections and by seeing very many other retailers from other parts of this country or doing business in the same market any attendant can get a “sense” of the market, where it is now, where it’s going and who are the biggest/most important players in this industry.
It just so happens that this WSA show takes place in Las Vegas, that’s truly famous for other kinds of industry and business.
I can in fact remember one night in the elevator of one of the most luxurious hotels in town with all of the Italian high class management of GEOX, that night we were all pretty happy for the gallons of alcohol we had ingested during and after dinner, we were all going back to our respective bedrooms when a stupendous woman pretty much bare naked who was wearing a completely see through dress in silver color jumped inside the elevator we were all in going back in our rooms.
I imagined that she was a prostitute and I therefore decided to make the Italian colleagues have a good time, so I asked to that woman what the cost would be for her to spend the entire night with one of us in his room, well it truly didn’t take any time to hear her saying that she would spend the entire night with whomever for $6k that night, so all the Italians with me started to laugh saying that she was inexpensive because any woman of her beauty would be priced at least $16.000 and not even for a full night.
I’m hoping that my readers can imagine how low and bad the conversation went, but what I want to say in different color letters is that as I was telling her to choose the one she would want to be with – given that every man in the elevator could both afford and want (or drool to have) to spend the night with her, she should be the one to make the choice, well, that’s when things got truly crazy, in fact she looked at each of us and concluded that her pricing was going to be the $6K she had just quoted BUT that if I could be the one she would have been happy to give me a $3K discount!!!
Boy oh boy! The comments of my colleagues still explode in my ears today…….
There’s one of those Italians who still today uses a very low and angry voice with me when he says that “I’m the only idiot he’s ever seen who would have the guts to throw away $3K rather than have a night that nobody else could ever dream to have.
What makes (to me) this story even funnier is that when I was back from LV I told just part of this story to my Queen, meaning that all I told her was the part of the beautiful semi-naked girl in the elevator with us BUT never mentioned my joke with her about spending the night with one of us and all the rest in blue written above.
What’s true is that none of the people who ever worked with me across the entire world ever had any doubt about where my heart has always been, to the point that I’m confident about the fact that I’m still their joke when it comes to talk about love, faithfulness and openness between lovers/spouses.
While I hope to have put a smile on your faces while reading of this adventure of mine I ask in humility to be the recipient of a small donation.
A donation would actually clearly tell me that you enjoy the work I put in making this blog and to publish something new every few days.


  1. http://footwearnews.com/
  2. https://livetalentnow.com/
  3. http://modelingstop.com/
  4. https://living-las-vegas.com/2012/08/enk-wsa-2012-a-winning-proposition/
  5. https://outdoorindustry.org/press-release/wsa-show-delivers-wide-range-of-services-and-excitement/
  6. http://tradeshow.tradekey.com/the-wsa-show-world-shoe-association-e971.htm
  7. http://www.wsashow.com/ 

No comments: