Labels

Tuesday, March 14, 2017

1 LEONARDO DA VINCI


I have to admit that it’s about impossible for me not to be proud to be an Italian thoroughbred, simply because plenty of the arts, sciences and language and Latin words still used today in medicine are very much appreciated in this beautiful country.
It’s a fact that I’ve been living few steps away from the Santa Barbara Museum of Art and while I remember visiting it few years ago, I’m pretty confident in saying that the percentage of works of art from my country is pretty high, well in the two digits value.
I put here below a very beautiful website that an Italian reader of my blogs has sent by email to me and I do so because its main focus is on one of my preferred Italian researchers, Leonardo Da Vinci (Vinci is the name of a town in Tuscany, where Leonardo was born) I’m sure that I mentioned already and posted the picture of the Vitruvian man that’s truly an expression of huge intelligence and attention to reality, certainly important for someone who paint
I’m truly hoping that the websites I put below that are mostly dedicated to t5he Vitruvian man will justify the reason why I made the same exercise with the woman who is my judge and who cannot fit in a triangle rectangle, nor a square or a circle. She can – at best fit in s rectangle, since it looks to me that her waistline isn’t surely measured in inches, my best guess is that it must be 18 feet long, while her height is about 5 feet.
The perfect Vitruvian man and my imperfect woman judge (slobber?).
  1. https://www.artsy.net/artwork/52127276275b249283000027
  2. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitruvian_Man
  3. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_Barbara_Museum_of_Art 



No comments: