Labels

Sunday, January 22, 2017

MY TAKE ON THE HOLY FATHER PRAYER

Today this f…..ing brain injured, lonely man is going to make his funked up critic to probably the most known and used prayer to our Lord, as taught to us by Jesus Christ, first let me place here its Latin text, because it’s the way I always said it in my mind:

Pater Noster qui es in caelis:
sanctificétur Nomen Tuum;
advéniat Regnum Tuum;
fiat volúntas Tua,
sicut in caelo, et in terra.
Panem nostrum
cotidiánum da nobis hódie;
et dimítte nobis débita nostra,
sicut et nos
dimittimus debitóribus nostris;
et ne nos indúcas in tentatiónem;
sed líbera nos a Malo.
Amen.

Let me now spare you from the one in Italian, not too different from the one in Latin, but here’s the one in English:

Our Father in heaven
Hallowed be your name.
Your kingdom come
Your will be done
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread
and forgive us our debts
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
And lead us not into temptation
but deliver us from evil.

I’ve taken the (blaspheme) liberty to highlight in light blue where this prayer states that it’s our Lord who takes care of us and our needs, while I used the orange color simply to differentiate that He’ll forgive us only IF we forgive our debtors, I can guarantee you all that this is the most difficult and unnatural one, especially since we were given the free-will (thank you Eve!!).
It’s pretty clear that in my (broken) mind, my arguments here simply all disappear if you just think to what I had posted recently (1/14) and think of God as ourselves and you’ll understand how this all makes very much sense.
Rather than post here links to crazy websites or even crazier Youtubes, I invite my readers to both post comments or contact me directly, to tell me if they agree with me and my injured logic or not.

No comments: