Labels

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

MY PARALLEL UNIVERSE



A parallel universe is a hypothetical self-contained reality co-existing with one's own. A specific group of parallel universes is called a "multiverse", although this term can also be used to describe the possible parallel universes that constitute reality.
The term reality fascinates my mind to no end, it’s tremendously related to the quantum mechanics and about this I want to share the way I figured out how to explain the famous Schrödinger cat experiment in fact you may have heard the thought experiment of Schrödinger’s cat, a spooky animal who lives in a closed box. The act of opening the box allows us to follow one of the possible future histories of our cat, including one in which it is both dead and alive. The reason this seems so impossible is simply because our human intuition is not familiar with it.
But it is entirely possible according to the strange rules of quantum mechanics. The reason that this can happen is that the space of possibilities in quantum mechanics is huge. Mathematically, a quantum mechanical state is a sum (or superposition) of all possible states. In the case of the Schrödinger’s cat, the cat is the superposition of “dead” and “alive” states. This very strange concept has made it much easier for me to understand the idea of the parallel universes (that now I definitely love!).
In fact scientists now believe there may really be a parallel universe - in fact, there may be an infinite number of parallel universes, and we just happen to live in one of them.

These other universes contain space, time and strange forms of exotic matter. Some of them may even contain you, in a slightly different form.

Astonishingly, scientists believe that these parallel universes exist less than one millimeter away from us. In fact, our gravity is just a weak signal leaking out of another universe into ours.
This is the concept that’s given to me the amazing idea that my accident has thrown me in a parallel universe, where I lost my mobility, family (overseas too) and job.
In fact I’m still in NH in reality in another universe, where I’ve become the president of the US subsidiary of the previous Italian company I was working at, I’m not divorced, my treasures are going to great colleges in Boston and Michele still loves me like the day I married her.
One of the amazing beautiful capacities of our brain is that once you become convinced of something, it comes to you as a dream when you are sleeping. As far as I’m concerned I convinced myself that while I’m sleeping I have glimpses of my life in that (parallel) universe.
Now, it’s obvious that on the background of all of this, there’s the complete ignorance of what our brain is capable of (I bet, we have just started to learn how it’s made with the Obama’s brain mapping project).
Maybe I could convince myself not to ever had any accident, so tomorrow afternoon I’ll go for a jog around town………..
However what’s absolutely true that the quantum discovery of consciousness has given scientific proof that what we see and feel is just a minimal fraction of what really surround us, i.e. our brain processes 4 billion of information per second while we can do about 2,000 in the same amount of time, so who can say that I’m still running in NH now? and who can say that we have the awareness of our reality (whose reality? Mine or yours?).
These quantum theories never stop fascinating me and I can’t see what or when I’ll let them go, anyway enjoy my videos and links.


  1.  http://www.strangerdimensions.com/2013/05/24/4-weird-clues-that-parallel-universes-exist/
  2. http://www.space.com/18811-multiple-universes-5-theories.html
  3. http://www.express.co.uk/news/science/600893/Professor-Stephen-Hawking-black-holes-could-be-portals-to-a-PARALLEL-UNIVERSE
  4. http://www.businessinsider.com/do-we-live-in-a-parallel-universe-2015-4
  5. http://www.sciencealert.com/here-s-how-you-can-figure-out-if-you-re-living-in-a-multiverse
  6. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parallel_universe_(fiction)

No comments: