Labels

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

MY HERITAGE

On 11/23 I wrote a new post in the blog dedicated to my two treasures, I just decided to put it here too, with little modifications because I feel it to be important to express my infinite love for them both.
I grew up with a father (their grandpa) who made me happy more times than I can remember and – even if I’ve never been an easy person to deal with – he showed to me how much he loved me through his care, protection and generosity.
One example is the several cars he bought to me, including the huge Renault Espace (first minivan in EU) and the very much money he gave to me and to Michele for each and every home we ever bought here in the USA.
What I want to say here is that my dad truly left in me a very good witness of his great love for me and - in addition he used to say that Michele was like an additional daughter for him, just like my sister Anna had another sister - he had done this to show how much love and acceptance he had for my wife, in other words he showed how much love he had for me.
Well the same I want to do for you, my young Lingiardi, I want to leave a good witness of me – your real dad – even if I cannot live with you anymore.
I want my witness to be what you’ll have in mind every time you think of me, even 40 years from today, and this is going to be what I always said to my employees when I was working, or that “nothing is impossible”, it’s just a matter of having the right attitude about the challenge that even if it hasn’t been managed with success by anyone else, you can succeed in managing it if you are willing to work hard without taking any shortcut.
This is my main reason not to have any doubt that eventually I will travel, walk and work again, there isn’t enough pain or desperation that can make me give it all up, this is truly what I want to leave behind to you both as my witness, I wish that 40 years from now you’ll say “ha yes, my dad used to be like a column carrier who didn’t give up even to brain injury with loss of his family and job”. This is something that I want you to learn well from me, or that no matter how hard, big or scary something may be for you to do, you can always find the right way to do it, it’s enough to think deeply about the right and easiest way to do it and be unafraid to work long and hard to succeed in reaching your goal.
And when things don’t go the way you want or planned them to be, just look for the next step in your plan and focus on the future, rather than cry over the present and the past.
  1. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/relationships/fatherhood/11583310/10-essential-skills-every-dad-should-teach-his-children.html
  2. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/brian-klems/the-letter-every-parent-should-write_b_3435370.html
  3. http://ideas.time.com/letters-from-dad/
  4. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/relationships/fatherhood/11583310/10-essential-skills-every-dad-should-teach-his-children.html
  5. http://www.integratedcatholiclife.org/2013/06/deacon-bickerstaff-seven-lessons-fathers-should-teach-children/
  6. http://triblive.com/opinion/luisfabregas/10595512-74/teach-fabregas-lessons 



No comments: