Labels

Sunday, May 29, 2016

THE FIRST AGNOSTIC

My Michele once told me to be convinced that I was agnostic (kind of mentioned here several times already) given that I never have something to do, I made a research about this term and I convinced myself (regardless that nobody ever mentions it) that Thomas the apostle was probably the very first agnostic who ever existed and who was documented.
In fact he’s the one who, to make sure that the one he was looking at was truly Jesus Christ, asked to let him put his fingers in the chest wounds of the man standing in front of him…….just to make sure …..
I’d say that in my (terribly screwed up) mind, that’s exactly what happened to me, I mean that while I was raised as a Catholic, I might have given the impression to need some objective proof that it was truly Jesus the one whom I made the agreement with to live again and since my mother told me it to be impossible for me to have met with Jesus, it’s taken some time for me to realize and convince myself to really having done so, in fact, people in a coma wake up with the most incredible stories and in addition my very good philosopher friend Iacopo dismissed my story simply saying that's the reflection of what my conscience has retained from having grown up as a Catholic with all of its teachings, sacraments and experiences (plenty in Italy).
However, the simple fact that I’ve become almost a theologian, that I’ve been reading the bible and that I’m very interested in the recent discovery of the Dead Sea scrolls convince me that while in my coma I must have surely met someone – if not Jesus – who must have made a very strong impression on me to the point that I’m now interested in things that I truly thought them to be a complete waste of time, done by those who have nothing else better to do (i.e. priests).
This concept actually makes me want to say that it doesn’t matter what religion you follow, or don’t (Buddhism, Islamism, also  if you are an atheist) what counts is that you never hurt anyone else and that you don’t think yourself to be as infallible as any god is (like I used to).
I believe to have said it here before that no God you believe in and follow can be offended if you don’t follow “him only” rather than another one - in other words – Jesus isn’t going to punish you with eternal hell if you follow Buddha or any other one, when I read in the news of the big surprise when a Buddhist says – as s/he comes out of a coma - to have met with Jesus “because Jesus is the only true god” I smile because it simply means that this person is a Buddhist who surely had experienced Christianity before the coma.
Certainly NOT because Christianity is the "ONLY RIGHT religion to follow”.
Anyway, now that I’m a believer of Jesus (I had objective proof) and the religion that Jesus started about 2,000 years ago, I’m just like  Thomas the apostle, NOT because I put my fingers in Jesus’s chest, but simply because my look on life and what’s really important in it has completely changed and I truly believe to still have some form of connection with the afterlife because I met people – never seen before – who know me well (??) and can tell me things that haven’t happened yet, but that in a fairly short time really do happen and very much also because I’ve became a patient person  I can wait for something (anything) to happen, no matter when it’ll happen.
I’m fully aware too of the unimaginable powers of our brain that not only are still completely unknown, but that we can only use at a very small percentage of its capacities (too many percentages were guessed on this topic for me to mention any of them).
Just let me say that I almost died because of the powers of my mentally very strong former employer (GZ) - who was mad for my resignations in the middle of the OR show - and who had already chosen me to be the next president of his US subsidiary (which explains well the reason why I met with Jesus).
But this is already explained in my posts under the "philosophy" label, so just go there to understand what I mean when I say this.
I want add that my making fun of the Vatican, must only be because I really had this meeting with Jesus. 
I can still remember well the year I went to Rome (for the Holy year) when my dad (Saint Gianfranco) had our family went through all the steps (specific churches and specific prayers) required to make this celebration fulfilled.


  1.  https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100406114644AAuLg8W
  2. http://gnosis.org/thomasbook/intro.html
  3. https://theirishatheist.wordpress.com/2014/02/12/what-i-learned-from-the-apostle-thomas/
  4. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/13/thomas-jefferson-faith_n_7057494.html
  5. http://thecentrecannothold.net/militant-agnostic/st-thomas-apostle-protoagnostic/
  6. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_the_Apostle



No comments: