Labels

Thursday, May 26, 2016

LONELINESS/ABANDONMENT


Given that the mother of my two treasures decided (about 10 years ago) that she’s afraid of me and therefore I've been living separated from my family, I can only see/be with my treasures once a week (on Sundays for a couple of hours) nobody should be surprised if I feel very lonely and as I do my constant Google searches, this time about loneliness and TBI victims, I saw that I’m not the only one who suffers from loneliness because left alone by family and friends.
I think that my case is a bit worse in the sense that – being Italian – and unable to work, not only I lost my family that I doubt will ever want me back, but I lost plenty friends because they all used to be both colleagues or employees at work.
In truth however, I have the exception of my former VP of sales when I was running the US subsidiary of a somewhat successful Italian footwear brand/company (that decided to let me go since I had become too important in that company, but after I left lost 90% of its US sales) we have become close friends and he’s made it a point to call me at least once a week every week, after I had to leave that Italian footwear company he left it too and became the CEO of an enterprise in the same segment that never took off (due to the financial crisis we all fell into), therefore he went to work in Boston for the famous footwear company based there and is now employed in a very interesting company where the employees are given the complete freedom to create their own products and market, in other words being unable to have a job has made me lose dozen of people (both employees, partners and customers) who truly were just like friends to me.
Some of the links to other websites here below are about the crisis in families when a component is affected by TBI, I want to add that to me is (if possible) even harder because my infinite love didn’t want to have children at all to the point that we had to lie to the priest (deadly sin?) who celebrated our wedding (in a Catholic church) because when he asked the “standard question”: will you have children? Our agreement was to say yes and I ultimately had to figure out the way to be “imported” here in the USA before my love will accept the concept that to have children and raise them isn’t too bad.

I’m hoping that this explains why I often refer to the family as my family, and can explain the reason why it hurts me so much to be alone, without any possibility to be near my children (=my creation).Here are the other websites I found on this:

  1. http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/10/health/when-injuries-to-the-brain-tear-at-hearts.html?_r=1
  2. http://www.brainline.org/content/2008/11/what-happens-relationships-after-brain-injury.html
  3. http://www.brainline.org/content/multimedia.php?id=6922
  4. http://brainandspine.titololawoffice.com/2010/11/articles/traumatic-brain-injury-tbi/overcoming-loneliness-after-traumatic-brain-injury/
  5. https://healthunlocked.com/headway/posts/702962/my-son-is-so-lonely-and-frustrated-after-his-brain-injury

No comments: