Labels

Monday, May 16, 2016

CHAUVINISM


I was recently accused to be a chauvinist by someone who listened to what I was saying regarding the role of women in careers and work environments and that I had expressed my decision to vote for D. Trump at the upcoming presidential elections.
I therefore did my usual research about the meaning of a word that I couldn’t remember unless I could attach it to a visual image – much like I did for the word agnostic, I just attached to it the image of a lamb that in Italian is named “agnello” – but since this word is about the same in Italian too -“sciovinista”- I couldn’t think of a word that may make me remember it.
However, I’m truly not a chauvinist – even if Italian born with the idea that women are just a prey that can be owned (through marriage) to provide comfort of all kinds.
My idea of women in fact is simply based on the objective observation of their role in society since the beginning of time, in fact:
  ·       How many women have ever been either presidents or queens of countries?
  ·       How often are women in the top management of companies?
  ·       How many (few) years ago could women (even in this country) vote?
And so on, the examples that show that the entire world is male driven and managed are too many to mention, I’m sure that my readers can think of cases both in support and against this theory that men have been in charge of the world since its beginning.
Now, this certainly doesn’t want to take away from women the most fundamental role they’ve had for the same amount of time, tat’s procreation or to bring into the future everything the parents learn, experience and even dream of.
In simple words women are as important as men are; even if the roles are different and this explains my reason to give my vote to D. Trump, rather than H. Clinton, in fact this country must be run just like it’s a big business using a strong fist to turn it the way it never should have deviated from and only an aggressive and boldly fearless president such as D. Trump can be, will put this country back on its track.
No people I’m not a chauvinist, I’m a simple observer who sees that man have always been taking care of women by providing all kinds of comforts, while women have been gladly receiving such comfort while focusing on the bringing into the future what mankind is all about.
Shall I be stoned for what I say? Just remember what Jesus did for the prostitute Mary Magdalene and before you throw a stone think to make sure that you did never hurt anyone else before, because if you did, the stone you throw towards me, will hit your head and it’ll forever hurt.


  1. https://www.quora.com/What-are-the-differences-among-misogyny-sexism-and-male-chauvinism-and-what-are-some-examples
  2. http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/chauvinism
  3. http://wappp.hks.harvard.edu/files/wappp/files/male_chauvinist_feminist_sexist_and_sexual_harassment_0.pdf
  4. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chauvinism 

No comments: