Labels

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

CAPTAIN PHILLIPS


I realize – and must apologize – that I haven’t posted my movie reviews here for few weeks, but since I just watched a movie that’s worth enough for me to review, I feel that I have to tell you what I think of it.
This is a movie that – again – tells the story of how great this country is, even if plenty of the problems that we try to resolve are generated by us. I kind of like Tom Hanks in the leadership position of captain Phillips, who turns from the leader (the captain) to the victim but what I like the most, he’s rescued by the US navy that has a vessel nearby and involves nonetheless than the navy seals, who after having tried few times, in different ways to get a hold of this captain, simultaneously have the African kidnappers murdered by sharp shooters at the exact same moment.
What a great celebration of the military strength of the USA, I bet that this movie is one of Hillary’s favorites, it carbon copies her activity as our foreign affairs secretary (in addition to senator AND NOW presidential nominee too) in fact every president (or prime minister) of every country she visited had to listen to her rhetorical speeches about how great the USA are for saving the entire world (sadly you too) from your challenges, both economic and educational (i.e. your future).
But since this is my movie review of the captain Phillips movie, there’s no reason for me to comment on its political meaning/message, all the actors chosen are in fact a very good choice, they fit their characters really well (appropriately) and the viewer can enjoy this movie very much, aside its “political message”.
In other words my vote is to watch it a case of Buds in the company of good friends who can talk about this good movie at its end (unless you are too drunk).


  1.  http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/11/movies/captain-phillips-stars-tom-hanks-as-a-high-seas-hostage.html?_r=1
  2. http://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/captain-phillips-2013
  3. http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/captain_phillips/
  4. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_Phillips_(film)

No comments: