Labels

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

MY BUSINESS BRO


The picture I put here shows my very best friend when I was still working, I remember hiring him at the end of a meal in an Italian restaurant in Manhattan when - since he never drinks anything alcoholic - I had to empty a full bottle of Amarone (strong red wine from the Italian town I’m from) he helped me make the GEOX business so big in the USA that I was eventually let go for the reason that its president/owner felt that “my power”  was too strong in his company based in a small village in the Vicenza area (not too far from Venice).
His name is Patrick but he’s been using the shortening Pat and he’s been very supportive of me and my family since my accident.
What’s very funny of him is that he’s been calling me at least once a week since years and while we always talk about his job – past and present – (few links of his time as CEO of a beautiful footwear company named ASGI now defunct/dead) we share our many misfortunes and he often tells me that my resistance to all the badness that I must deal with, do inspire him too when he has to deal with something bad in his or his family’s life too.
However when we talk on the phone, once the business related topics have found their resolution we laugh really hard about a common friend who used to be the US product manager, for the reason that he’s fully convinced since he was 5 or 6 y/o that the muscle he has between his legs is like big as a leg and he supposedly doesn’t measure the liquid he produces with it by the milliliter, but by the buckets.
I cannot even start to describe what we can say to each other during these calls, that make me laugh so hard that my eyes tear by the gallon.

We’ve come to the agreement that neither one of us can even make the name of our three-legged friend, therefore I best stop telling you what makes us laugh this hard, because if I to start with just few of our jokes, my post here would be at least 6 pages long. I want to conclude by saying that the ASGI shoes had a great cushioning technology in their bottoms and given that several thousands of them were on ships coming to the USA when both our economy and all the banks went underwater, my readers might be lucky enough to find one pair to wear and to marvel at its cushioning properties. 

No comments: