Labels

Saturday, February 13, 2016

OPPOSITES ATTRACT

My hero 100% Lingiardi son ended a conversation we were having last Sunday saying that it’s natural for opposites to attract and given that some time ago I was interested in the law of attraction, I began to think and apply this idea to real life examples, I even talked about it with my psychologist who did give few ideas about how to research this, after little time I can now say that while this is very true to the point that it affect our life and reality completely, however with several exceptions that I’m going to list here:

  • ·        Married couples, when a man and a woman (2 opposites) fall in love (2 positives) what counts however – even if mathematically 2 opposites cancel each other off and 2 positives cannot attract each other – since centuries people say that “those 2 complete each other” (like mamma and me) meaning that what I have fills in the gaps in mamma.
  • ·        Think of a free solo climber of someone who walks from a very high building to the next (i.e. twin towers)  both know that risk their lives and surely we see to total opposites in this case (fear of falling and will to reach the other side or the top of the mountain) people who look at either of these people doing so, normally think that they must be crazy, however while there surely are 2 opposites here too, what cancels these opposites is both the self-confidence and the particular knowledge of what can happen if they fail, think in example that they may think, “I know that if I fall I die, but I’m sure that I can’t fall after having exercised so much and so well, I therefore will only focus now on my reaching my goal !”


  1. http://www.people.com/article/paula-abdul-james-corden-opposites-attract-video
  2. http://www.livescience.com/5351-truth-opposites-attract.html
  3. https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/stronger-the-broken-places/201401/the-real-reason-opposites-attract
  4. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opposites_Attract

No comments: