Labels

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

MERU DOCUMENTARY


After having received this amazing documentary about a super-human climb of the mountain named MERU, I asked to my hero son (reincarnation of my dad) who had the idea to buy this documentary, because I wasn’t sure if it came from him or from my psychologist, who often gives me ideas about good movies to watch, it turns out that it was me who thought of it because of the fact that my son has this passion of rock climbing (again from my dad).
The part that impressed me the most is when one of the team of climbers gets hit by a snow avalanche while skiing down a vertical snow wall somewhere in Tibet, as a result his skull gets fracture on the top and two vertebrae’s in his neck brake while cutting one artery that brings blood to the brain, therefore leaving his brain without any blood for several minutes, once he arrives (by airplane)  to the hospital and receives urgent care all doctor say that he’ll never walk again (sounds familiar?) and will need constant care for the rest of his life"however he’s lucky not to have turned into a vegetable".
Well, this guy takes a first timid walk with the help of the star of this documentary - Conrad Anker – and starts to work as hard as humanly possible to get both his legs and arms back to the top condition they were and much to my amazement convinces both his wife and Conrad to be part of the new attempt to climb MERU.
I put here a couple of Youtube trailers with the strong advice  to watch this wonderful movie about the strength of human mind and how important is to be part of a team when going for the (inexistent) impossible.I’m going to watch it with my hero-son as much as I’ll go to Verona next summer with my princess Lingiardi walking


  1. http://www.buzzsawmag.org/2015/10/21/film-review-meru/
  2. https://www.reddit.com/r/climbing/comments/3r5qjz/meru_documentary_shows_realdeal_climbing_not/
  3. http://www.fredericksburg.com/entertainment/music/a-deep-bond-at-center-of-mountain-climbing-documentary-meru/article_3f338a5a-e46e-54ff-9ca0-f9305c8f90a1.html
  4. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wrongs_Darker_Than_Death_or_Night

No comments: