Labels

Saturday, November 14, 2015

MY MARRIAGE


I hope that my readers do know that I’m a Catholic since birth by default for having been born in Italy, the country that hosts in itself the country of the Vatican, but very much too for having been blessed (as per Fr Betto) for having met and made an agreement with my only true boss, or with Jesus Christ.
Nevertheless since my adored wife and mother of my two treasures (reason to still be alive – even if in pain) is an atheist fully evolutionist, or convinced that we are the result of the evolution from African monkeys, I’ve been trying to look at our wedding union with her eyes, or those of a pure atheist.
As always I post below few links to websites that are about both interpretations of marriage between adults, both religious and legal.
Of course I won’t mention her semi-criminal attempts or replacing me with a “father figure”, all I can say is that the unfortunate ones who tried to take my place are going to have their eternity to regret their doing while living and here I must say that my friend the atheist Iacopo is totally right, since he says that IF we could know the consequences in our future lives of our wrongs in our current ones, we would immediately change behavior and course of action.
What this research has taught to me is simply that it’s impossible that Michele didn’t consider the presence of both of her brothers and much loved father when swearing in a church in Italy to always be with me at my side “for better or for worse”.
Anyone who knows me would be hugely confident in saying that if it was Michele who was the injured party there would truly be NOTHING that I wouldn’t have tried already and given my immense love for her, I wouldn’t have even thought to replace with another “mother figure”.
What’s true is that my instinct to work to provide comfort and possibilities to my family (my creation) couldn’t possibly disappear, therefore – besides spending all of my non-working time searching for ways to make Michele much better – I’d probably find either a relative or close friend to be willing and able to take care of both of my treasures, who’d be travelling around the world with me in all of my business trips, that would become a very important part of their education as they enter adulthood.
What I’m trying to say in this post is that no matter the situation, what’s important is to hold tight to the wedding vows because they do have legal value on top of the religious one and since they are given in the presence of the dearest relatives and friends nobody shall ever think that they can be broken, simply because one of the spouses is in the “for worse” situation, the swearing is done not only in the presence of God, but of friends and family too that give the legal value to it. What however is very true is that I'm living now without the best friend I ever had, in fact not only I love Michele more than words can say, but I do miss very much our friendship that only got stronger by living together for about 15 adventurous years,
  



  1.  http://www.thegoodbookblog.com/2011/mar/11/commitmentwhat-is-the-meaning-of-for-better-or-for/
  2. https://www.pinterest.com/joffocake/secular-non-religious-humanist-atheist-wedding-rea/
  3. https://www.leapofhumanity.com/resources/wedding-vow-suggestions/
  4. http://uniquely-i-do.com/atheist-wedding-vows.htm
  5. http://www.talktoapastor.com/marriage-vows.htm
  6. http://preengaged.com/examining-the-wedding-vows-to-have-and-to-hold-from-this-day-forward/

No comments: