Labels

Thursday, September 24, 2015

MY OTHER HALF

Last night I had a dream - as I always do - about being with "my other half" or Michele, we were sitting on our blue couch, drinking a chamomile while watching a movie about Italians making a mess of something too stupid for me to say here. In my dream she was sitting at my left and I had a dream to put my left arm around her shoulders, but that's when I woke up, it was 2 am and I immediately thought that my dream was fake, how could I even dream to use my left arm? It's been "dead" for almost 10 years and I have no muscles anymore, therefore even if my brain could move it, I wouldn't be able because I have no muscles that can do that!
Therefore I started to think that in a way it seems somehow funny that my left body side is hemi paretic, of course it is! Not only my brain is injured but I also lost my "other half" twice due to both hemi paresis and divorce!!
That's when I started to cry and laugh at the same time and I thought at my tomorrow's post about my additional loss of my job and at what it would take for me to ever work again, and this thought is the one that put a big smile on my face, because the company I was working at is the perfect company for me to be in, not only because its products are of very immediate understanding but very much also because its whole environment is in aquatic sports, therefore filled of people who have my same passions and attitudes, given that I was a semi-Olympic athlete, I see no reason for me not to add value where I'm going to be working, as soon as I'll be walking again.
In fact, this is truly my biggest obstacle (as I understood last night) I'll overcome my hemi paresis only when "my other half" will return to live with me again, forget about psycho therapeutic sessions or miraculous medical therapies, what I need is to rejoin my family (my creation) and with that psychological support, overcome any and all motor coordination issues and be ready to work, walk and travel again.


  1. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/claudine-chicheportiche/im-not-anyones-other-half_b_4782633.html
  2. http://www.dailywritingtips.com/whats-the-best-way-to-refer-to-a-romantic-partner/
  3. https://www.quora.com/Why-would-a-man-refer-to-his-wife-as-his-better-half
  4. http://www.wowwomen.com/boards/showthread.php?t=687 

No comments: