Labels

Wednesday, October 08, 2014

MONEY

I grew up in a "well-off" family mainly thanks to my dad being the CEO of the European operations of the American company Massey Ferguson, so we were comfortable with money but never lived in any type of luxury, in fact I do remember well the sacrifices I did to have my first dirt bike and what it had to take for me to receive as Christmas gift my very first spear gun (Medisten, Mares) that I think I still have it today in some storage 35 years from receiving it.
My dad always kept a large book with all the accounting of income and expenses, his brother Alfredo (Dino - Alfa Romeo car company CEO) did too and I remember like it happened yesterday that after Dino's death, my dad went in his studio to get rid of some stuff without any value and when he found the accounting book with all the actual original receipts of everything that was ever purchased in 50+ years of family history, my dad had tears in his eyes looking at expenses they had done together over the years, he exclaimed: "We truly have always been brothers!"
Even if I'm a generation after my dad and his brother, I did use to have the same system as they did, but using my PC rather than the accounting book they used and you can ask to the mother of my treasures what a big deal used to be every time she wouldn't keep the actual receipt of anything she ever purchased for any reason!
The other thing that my dad taught to me very clearly is that money is only important while you live here on earth, but it has no value, nor any importance once you are a soul, after you die (try asking to B. Gates J) the only real value of money is to give a comfortable living to your family, or to anyone you care for.
This is yet another reason that makes me mad for having been assessed incapable to protect and accumulate my own money that is the fruit of many years of honest and hard work, while it's being "taken care of" by somebody who doesn't have a fraction of my experience and confidence with it in any amount.
Although I'm angry for this fact of not being able to manage my money, I'm at least very glad that I made my will that states clearly that my children (treasures) will be the sole beneficiaries of any and all my values (money and real estates).

This concept truly dissipates all my anger, because - even if I cannot directly manage it as well as I have always done - my treasures will receive their "head-start" from me directly.

  1. http://money.cnn.com/magazines/moneymag/money101/lesson21/
  2. http://theweek.com/article/index/248463/should-you-give-your-kids-their-inheritance-before-you-die
  3. http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/death/money_matters_after_a_death/money_matters_after_a_death.html
  4. http://hollywoodlife.com/2014/03/20/bill-gates-kids-money-not-leaving-fortune-to-family/
  5. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inheritance






No comments: