Labels

Thursday, March 08, 2012

BACK TO ITALY


I’m now planning to go to my mother town, Verona to see my wonderful family and spend Easter with them.
My dear sister Anna – who’s always thinking of me – has told me already that I’m going to see cousins and family members who I haven’t seen in years.
I’m also in contact thanks to the internet (email, Skype) with several former classmates of my high school (Liceo) and I’ve planned already to get together and revive the good old times.
My dear assistant here in Ventura says that I’m going to remember the man I used to be maybe because she fears that I may forget all that she has been doing to help my rehabilitation.
While this to me is a joke I plan to feel part of a world that in a way I abandoned about 16 years ago to embrace America, that even if now in economical crisis is the undisputed leader of the world.
In fact while I see the struggles and attempts of our government to return to have a strong economy I’m seeing all the European countries inebriated by the strength of the Euro currency doing absolutely nothing to reinforce the infrastructures of their economies, so tat as soon as the US economy is going to get back in gear, Europe will return to be the old world that has always been and go through a recession probably worse than ours that will last much longer, it’s enough to look at what Greece is going through these days and I can’t see any other country close to Greece being in a better position, in my mind it’s like a time-bomb that’s going to explode with the surprise of all the victims who aren’t going to have a clue about what to do.
So I’m planning to come back to Ventura, not only for economical reasons but primarily because my children live here and even if they have my blood and genes they are completely American and will be part of the resurgence of the country.
My sister tells me that I’m going to taste the Italian foods and the Verona wines again to get used to their taste because I’ve been eating “Italianiazed” food made here for too long and when I say that something tastes good I don’t know what I’m saying.
Bottom line it’s going to be kind of a resurrection for me to be home again, after so much pain for such a long time and I’m planning to tie again relationships that have loosened up due to my accident only.

1 comment:

lcrenovation said...

This is a great post. Your Blog the very informative i have learned some information about your blog. We are top
https://www.lcrenovation.co.uk/loft-conversion-in-dulwich/
House Renovations in Dulwich