Labels

Tuesday, December 01, 2009

LONELINESS

The fear that human kind has had since inception is to be alone and it’s been this fear, borderline to terror that created the idea of the existence of the soul inside each of us and its continuous existence also after death or termination of life on Earth as we know it.
Dante Alighieri collected the stories about what happens to the soul after death and gained immortal importance because in writing about this in his Divine Comedy he used the language spoken by the peasants in the area of Tuscany that solidified the current Italian language over the many different dialects spoken at that time all over modern Italy that was being ruled by the countries on its geographical borders.
While Catholic Church embraced what Dante wrote in his Comedy as what really happens after death and how everything is organized, modern Italian language is solely his making.
However as I was saying the fear to be alone like we are at birth and death is still the fear that distinguishes human kind and even if the hope of the soul to continue a living experience very parallel to earthly living the fear of death remains intact and very much sorrow is still felt by every person who knows the dead one.
Very many philosophers since the ancient Greek’s time dealt with the fear of death and loneliness and I’ve been learning their thoughts and reasoning about this but only if the belief is in personal intelligence and strength of mind.
I’ve accepted that I’m alone also if I’m surrounded by people who care very much of me like for example my parents, family and those who love me dearly so it’s only my determination as a single individual that can make me receive what I want, not a miracle or someone else, just hard personal work with clarity of vision about the goal.
Often it’s the path to reach the goal that is most enjoyable and teaches the most than the goal itself and I must say that even if the path is very long I’ve enjoyed doing it surely more than the goal that’s something so common to be considered borderline trivial.

No comments: