Labels

Saturday, February 28, 2009

MY LOVE FOR MUSIC

The music that J.S. Bach composed has been always very dear to me http://www.goshen.edu/news/pressarchive/04-20-05-bach-temper.html when I discovered the genius of the pianist Glenn Gould who played it in a way unparalleled still to this day by any pianist in the entire world a special kind of love started for me. He was able to turn performance into composition.
I bought everything he ever recorded on CD and I have every movie ever made about this pianist on DVD which I watch often and it relaxes me very much while it reminds me of my own piano playing.
I’ve read plenty about this composer so I know very much about his life and his composing, I too have learned very much about the pianist Gould whose recordings have been best sellers almost fifty years after they were made.
Just like his most famous recording which is the Goldberg Variations http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7LWANJFHEs&feature=related begins and ends with the same piece of music Gould became very well known when at the beginning of his recording career with the Variations that happen to be the very last recording he made shortly before dyeing.
He died when he was fifty years old when he passed away and he could still influence the world of music and not for twenty more years.

No comments: