Labels

Wednesday, July 24, 2019

FALLEN SOLDIER



This morning – as I always do, I signed into my A. Prime account looking for a movie to watch and I found the one that titles this post…….guess what? It’s about a young American boxer who goes to England to fight a true champion in the mid-lightweight category and he receives so many punches to his head that he gets knocked out, goes into a coma due to his brain conditions for the TBI he got (way worse than mine), so I decided to make a post about what this movie meant to me,  it took me half a day to find and select the Youtube videos you see in this post, mainly because I wanted to show this man several years after his recovery still totally blind with only 80% of his hearing.
Ho my god!! Talk about someone in dear need of some a conservator! BUT since he’s surrounded by the love of his family (his sister in particular), supporters and friends, his life is completely free from any conservator (the losers!!) and through former fans’ donations his family is able to pay for all of his meds and special therapies he’s in need to receive. I admit that I fell in love with one of the opening statements in this movie/documentary that I personalized like this:
The road less travelled is the path of a warrior, I was born blessed with superior intelligence and great athletic abilities, and i.e. I was in Rome in 1982 with a group of swimmers to be chosen to participate to the European swim championships.
BUT, in the early afternoon of October 12th 2005 I was struck by a minor (without his driver’s license) as he was parking his father's jeep while I was riding my highly accessorized street bicycle, which resulted in my TBI followed by 2 months long in a coma during which my family – my wife and my 2 children whom I love so much that the day I came out of the coma I said that I had made “an agreement” (with Jesus Christ??) to return to living earth, no matter that I was warned in advance that “it’s going to be painful” for my unmeasurable love for my 2 children.
Anyway, I’m sure that nobody can even think of the millions of YouTube videos that come out if you put in the search bat “fallen soldier” they are ALL about our soldier’s bodies returned to the USA for their proper burial and rejoining with the families (you try and see….) Among the dozens of videos I watched to find these ones, former presidents of the past either sent personal handwritten letters (Lincoln) to the families of the fallen heroes,  or went to the arrival of their bodies already inside coffins at the airports or naval ports with the families, shaking hands and giving words of support to the family members of the fallen soldiers (Obama, Clinton and Bush).
Bottom line: I truly am a "fallen soldier" and was born to be a fighter and no one can take that away from me!

  1. https://www.brainline.org/article/concussion-and-sports
  2. https://www.aans.org/en/Patients/Neurosurgical-Conditions-and-Treatments/Sports-related-Head-Injury
  3. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK326721/





No comments: